Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 3.1.31.1 caused WPENGINE Hosting slow down

3.1.31.1 caused WPENGINE Hosting slow down

Posted: April 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Jed Barish

April 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Just updated the plugin this morning and caused my website on wpengine hosting so slow in the administration but not the frontend of website itself. Anywhere inside WP Admin really so so slow ๐Ÿ™ Help me out to investigate the problem if anyone had the same problem.

Josh

• Support Staff

April 12, 2013 at 10:07 am

Hi Jed,

I have a site running Event Espresso on WP Engine and I haven’t noticed any slowdown in the admin after the latest update. I don’t have that many events set up on that site though, so that might make a difference.

I use the WP Memory Usage plugin to monitor how much memory each admin page uses. If you install a memory usage plugin you can try loading up an admin page with Event Espresso on and compare the memory usage with Event Espresso off.

Karthikeyan Krishnan

April 23, 2013 at 2:18 am

Well I am having the same problem :

this is what i recieved from the support team at wp-engine

“The Events Expresso plugin does the same thing, just instead of running INSERT queries, it runs SHOW STATUS, over and over again. Try disabling that, and see if you don’t notice a speed increase.”

Josh

• Support Staff

April 23, 2013 at 10:34 am

Hi Karthikeyan,

Since the last time this thread was updated we found some issues with the data migration scripts where it’s running when it shouldn’t. We are working on a hotfix that we hope to release this week. I’ll post here when it’s ready.

Jed Barish

April 25, 2013 at 11:43 am

THANKS FOR THE FIX!

Josh

• Support Staff

April 25, 2013 at 11:50 am

You’re welcome. We released the hotfix late yesterday which included the work done to reduce the number of queries running in the admin and optimizing the overall Event Espresso admin.

https://eventespresso.com/wiki/change-log/#3.1.31.3

Seth Shoultes

• Support Staff

April 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm

You’re welcome Jed. Glad we got it figured out.

The support post ‘3.1.31.1 caused WPENGINE Hosting slow down’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso