|Event Espresso 3||Event Espresso 4|
Required Modules and Server Configurations:
- The mod_rewrite module for Apache servers (if using pretty permalinks)
- An SSL certificate (if using an on-site payment method)
- PHP cURL module (most payment methods require this)
- fsockopen support (some payment methods require this)
Recommended web hosting:
- WP Engine – Recommended by our members
- SiteGround – Recommended by our members
- Inmotion – Recommended by our members
- HostGator – Recommended by our members
- Flywheel – Popular with the WordPress Community
- Pressable – Popular with the WordPress Community
- StudioPress Sites – WordPress hosting plus themes from Genesis
- GreenGeeks – Environmentally Responsible Web Hosting
- DigitalOcean (Sign up using our link and receive $10 in credit)
What is web hosting?
Definition: Web hosting is the activity or service of providing storage space to individuals or organizations, for the websites that are accessible via World Wide Web. Learn more about web hosting >>
Not sure if your WordPress site will run Event Espresso?
We have a plugin that will help your test your site to see to if it is compatible with Event Espresso: [download id=”1″ format=”1″]
First, download the plugin above to your computer. Next, login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins –> Add New –> Upload. Then browse to the plugin on your computer and select it. Then begin the upload process. After that has completed, click on Activate.
We recommend using an Apache or Nginx server or using a recommended web host.
Note: Please be careful when using products sold from ThemeForest and CodeCanyon. We do not guarantee compatibility with third-party themes and plugins.
What if I don’t have (or don’t want) a WordPress website?
If you want to organize your event fast without the hassle of managing a server, plugins and security then build your event website on our event cloud Event Smart – free online event registration and ticketing management.