Posted: November 1, 2018 at 4:52 am
Once the event is finished, when exporting records to csv, all the data appear, except name, surname, and email.
wp_events_attendee is not an EE4 table, it’s from EE3 but further in your reply you mention ATT_ID and TXN_ID, those are from EE4 and not EE3, so is that the correct table name?
EE doesn’t remove individual tables like this, there is, one option in EE4 to reset/delete ALL EE4 tables, but NOT individual tables.
We don’t have code within EE4 to delete single tables like this, we do have one option that can be used to reset/delete ALL of EE’s tables, but not individual tables like above. Again, that table name is from EE3, which we do not delete with EE4 at all so if that specific table was in the DB and has now been remove, it’s a good indicator that something/someone else is involved making edits to the database.
If you find the Event in Event Espresso -> Events
Hover over the event name and click on the registrations link that appears below it, do you see the registrants names there?
I’m not sure I follow this, you can see the names of the attendees but then can’t see the attendee names?
So some registrations show the names, others do not?
The mobile apps are pulling the data directly from your site, so if they show in the app, the details must be in the database of the site.
May I ask why you believe this is a security issue?
The most likely cause is an issue with the database, and there are many different factors that can cause issues with the database. EE4 doesn’t remove tables, but if your host performs ‘maintenance’ or ‘cleanup’ jobs on the database which removes data, that data is no longer available to EE, we have no control over that.
I’m not saying that is the cause (we currently don’t have enough information to know what the problem is) but the point being, there’s more that can cause the issues you have reported than EE itself.
You mentioned in your other thread that this was caused by a database error but we’ve not heard anything more?
Sorry, the table that is empty is: wp_esp_attendee_meta
In the record that appears below the event, the names do not look like you can see,
but from the mobile application if I see the names, but I do not see the ID
I would like to know which table the mobile app reads, since what we are most interested in are the ones that have really existed
Here you can see better the registrations …
Ok, so yes, that is an EE4 table and it is the table that all of the EE contact data is stored in.
Have you checked with your host to see if they’ve ran any maintenance on the server side?
Do you (or your host) have a recent database backup for your site? If the table was dropped, EE has likely recreated it again now (EE4 checks for valid tables and will re-create them if they have been removed) the only way to get that data back is through a backup.
Yeah, that means EE either can’t access the esp_attendee_meta table, or the data is missing from within that table.
It reads exactly the same tables as the section in EE does, however, the app may be serving a cached copy of the attendee list. Right now I don’t recommend clearing that cache as it may well be your ownly copy of the attendee list (depending on your backup).
If you log in on another device does that list the attendees? If you don’t have another device I can check if you prefer, just send login details (and details of the event) using this form:
I have a backup of 15:10, ten minutes after the end of the event, but the table wp_esp_attendee_meta is empty.
I am trying to relate the records of the event with the ID TXN_ID in the different tables but they are more than 4000 and it is very slow, so I told you if I could relate that TXN_ID with the table that is shown in the mobile application, where I see names and surnames … now I’m trying to relate the csv with the emails sent, to retrieve name and surnames
Any idea to solve?
Attached access data
My apologies, I checked into this and the mobile apps are using the
They are linked to the registrations within
You’ll have the Attendee ID in the CSV (which is the ATT_ID).
If you look in the
In the end I was able to recover the data except the phone and the name of the street of the company, through the field TXN_ID and the MSG_content manually deleting the other data from the body of the message.
The problem is why that table has disappeared from the database … it is what we can not explain and that is what generates doubts in the face of future events.
Your web host may have an explanation, and in any case it’s highly recommended to have a reliable backup system in place. VaultPress is one of the better options, but there are a number of WordPress plugins that make it possible to take daily backups of your data and send them via email or sync to Dropbox, Amazon cloud storage, and so on.