Posted: March 28, 2019 at 6:31 am
I been reading the forums on how to create a completely custom event listings page. The solutions spoke about updating PHP templates and CSS – a route which I don’t want to go down.
We want to use a landing page builder like Thrive to create this page and have it hosted at http://www.mysite.com/events.
How can I disable the existing event listings page so we can do this?
Here’s how to disable the existing event listings page:
1) Set up a site customization plugin per this guide:
2) Add the code from this gist to the plugin:
3) Activate the plugin
4) Visit your site’s Settings > Permalinks page to allow the changes to take effect
I did the following:
1. Disabled the event list page as per your instructions.
2. Setup a new custom events list page at http://www.mysite.com/events
But, for some reason every time I goto the events page it redirects to my blog page now!
Any ideas what the issue could be?
Did you go to the site’s Settings > Permalinks page?
Ah yes, that fixed it. Thanks.