Posted: June 7, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Hi there, we’ve been having an issue with what we think is a small but continual number of customers.
When students register through the EE4 checkout, some have selected 1 seat, but when they click “submit” I think they’re clicking it multiple times or something, as the student profile only gets created once in EE4 but the Authorize.net portal sees two CC charges go through with simultaneous timestamps.
Any advice appreciated!
Has this happened fairly recently on the site? .
If you’ve had this happens recently I’d like to take a quick look over the payment logs on the site to see if I can spot anything there, would that be ok?
If so you can use this form to send login details:
Note I’ll also need details of which registration/transaction this happened on so I know which logs to view.
Hi there, I just responded with the send login details form. I asked my wife for a rundown of the most recent incident, and she told me:
Realized on June 4 that it had happened.
Only one spot taken up and one registration created.
Real transaction # 61114148087
when looking at cc used last four digits were 8688
When looking at transactions there were two simultaneous transations under than cc # for the same amount
Second erroneous transaction #61114147440 it was refunded and not attached to any registrant.
Crap, didn’t mean to post D. L.’s name publicly in my post just now – I don’t see an edit option, may I please request that name be redacted so it doesn’t get search-engine indexed?
I saw your post over the weekend, we are usually available Mon-Fri but I try to check in on the weekend from time to time just to catch any emergencies/issues like the above and did so 10mins after you posted, at which time I simply removed the details requested.
Unfortunately, the payment logs on your site don’t go back long enough to investigate the double charge issue on that specific transaction and so far I’ve been unable to reproduce a double charge on any test account I’ve tested this with.
However, I do think the payment button should be disabled when payment is submitted until we receive a response from auth.net so I’ve created a ticket for some feedback from our developers.
In the meantime, if this does happen again I’d like to take a look at the payment logs to see exactly what is happening on your site as I can’t reproduce myself.