Support

Home Forums Pre-Sales 90% online, 10% offline

90% online, 10% offline

Posted: July 31, 2015 at 3:04 am

Doris Molina

July 31, 2015 at 3:04 am

Hi, you guys have a great product. Anyway, some background and questions:

My client wants to sell tickets to her seminars online and offline. Most of the sales will be conducted online but a portion will be sold for her by ten “salespeople” offline. Which presents a few caveats.
1. each salesperson needs to have a code that they can give to their clients who will have to enter that in when ordering a ticket so we know who gets the commission. I think I’ve got that covered by adding a required “question” to the registration form. I am calling it “Order Code”. The Order Code though doesn’t appear on the “Registration Pending Payment” email and most importantly on the Ticket. (It does appear on the Order Confirmation though). I definitely need to get that Order Code info on the Ticket and it would be great to have it on the Registration Pending Payment as well. Can this be done? OR… another possibility… I was looking around your site and came across, “How to Create a Custom Registration ID” https://eventespresso.com/wiki/create-custom-registration-id/. This was in response to someone who wanted to randomly assign numbers 1-10 to their tickets. So I thought maybe this could be used to append the Order Code. I would prefer having the Order Code listed separately, but if it can’t be done, this would be an excellent alternative. Either way, could you tell me exactly how I could make this happen as I am far from a PHP guru.

Still on the topic of the Order Code. On the Order Confirmation, it is written, “Custom Questions and Answers:” and then on the next line, “Order Code ……” Can I get rid of the first line, “Custom Questions and Answers:” ?

HOW can I add a column for Order Code in the Registrations Overview?

Although I changed the minimum and maximum quantity of tickets able to be sold, when I tested, I can only purchase one ticket at a time….

2. Can I have the invoice option available for certain people? What I am thinking is to have the invoice option available to only the ten salespeople where they can order 10 tickets at a time and print them out. Is each ticket assigned a unique registration number? If so, when a ticket is sold… can the person who bought it go in and add in their details (name, email, etc…)

In other words, I am trying to figure out how the salespeople can get their hands on printed tickets to sell and what would be ideal is if we get the buyer’s info.

Is there a way to show the front-end in Spanish and the backend in English… just for now, before I turn over the website to the client… then the backend will also have to be in Spanish as well.

Doris Molina

July 31, 2015 at 3:18 am

“Although I changed the minimum and maximum quantity of tickets able to be sold, when I tested, I can only purchase one ticket at a time….”

My error. I had the quantity of tickets available for sale at 1.

Dean

July 31, 2015 at 6:09 am

Hi,

1)

You should be able to do this via the message tag [PRIMARY_REGISTRANT_ANSWER_*], so if your question is
Order Code it would be [PRIMARY_REGISTRANT_ANSWER_*Order Code]

This would need to be set in the appropriate message templates.

Using the custom registration ID is certainly an option, but it will be somewhat complex as it will need to pull the Order Code from elsewhere (a custom field on the user profile perhaps?). You would need a developers assistance to get that working, I can’t see it being a huge job but it’s outside the remit of support 🙁

Regarding “Custom questions and answers” you need to edit the Reciept and/or invoice message templates to remove that line – it should be in the Attendee List section.

2)

“Can I have the invoice option available for certain people? What I am thinking is to have the invoice option available to only the ten salespeople where they can order 10 tickets at a time and print them out.”

No. There might be a custom development way around this but I’m not sure if it will be easy to do.

“Is each ticket assigned a unique registration number?”

Sort of. The attendees have a unique registration number which is shown on the ticket.

“If so, when a ticket is sold… can the person who bought it go in and add in their details (name, email, etc…)”

Not quite, EE requires a minimum of first and last names and email in order to generate a registration. Once that’s created, there is a link (in the email) that the user can follow to edit their details, including any additional questions.

EE is an online registration system so there really isn’t a default way to create offline tickets. The closest you could get would be to register John Smith manually 20 times and use those, though this is far from ideal as it is manually labour intensive and also if the customer is the one that needs to edit the details they are likely to be confused by their ticket being in John Smiths name (though you could register Blank Ticket).

Regarding Spanish, I do not believe there is a way to separate the languages, as the language files cover both front and back of the website, so it’s either on or off.

WordPress does make switching languages very easy now, so you could have it set up in Spanish, swap to English via the general settings while you are working on it, and then swap to Spanish when your clients need to review the site.

Hopefully I have covered everything, but please just ask if you have any more questions or need clarification.

Doris Molina

July 31, 2015 at 9:50 am

Thanks… I tried the shortcode and it didn’t work. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. It seems like a real easy solution to the problem.

There was one item you missed: HOW can I add a column for Order Code in the Registrations Overview? It’s important to filter by Order Code to know who and how much commission each sales rep gets.

Thanks.

Josh

• Support Staff

August 5, 2015 at 10:19 am

Hi Doris,

Regarding the shortcode, you can try [RECIPIENT_ANSWER_*] instead. I think the field needs to match the letter case too, so if it’s Order code in the question, and Order Code in the shortcode, that will make a difference too.

Regarding adding a custom column to the registrations overview, you can contract with a developer that’s familiar with working with WP list tables. They should be able to add a custom column. Here’s a list of developers we can recommend:

https://eventespresso.com/developers/event-espresso-pros/

If they run into a spot where adding an additional filter will help, we welcome pull requests:

https://github.com/eventespresso/event-espresso-core/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr

Doris Molina

August 5, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Hi Josh,

Thanks, I’ll give [RECIPIENT_ANSWER_*] a try, after I check on my letter case use.

I will present the developer option to customize the tables to the client.

Thanks again,
Doris

Dean

August 6, 2015 at 3:56 am

Sorry for missing your question, and let us know if you have further questions or need clarification.

The support post ‘90% online, 10% offline’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso