Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Internal Error – About the Logo Size

500 Internal Error – About the Logo Size

Posted: January 23, 2018 at 3:24 pm

Roberto Rubio

January 23, 2018 at 3:24 pm

I been having this issue for a while and it creates a 500 internal error, so i took a look in the error log and see the following last line.

[23-Jan-2018 20:27:54 UTC] PHP Warning: getimagesize(http://boletosaqui.com/misc/boletos_logo.png): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/boletosaqui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-espresso-core-reg/core/libraries/shortcodes/EE_Transaction_Shortcodes.lib.php on line 504

This line says the following: $image_size = getimagesize($invoice_logo_url);

* I made the change on the logo to 300 px to see if that was the cause of this issue.

Tony

• Support Staff

January 23, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Hi there,

It’s not the size of the image causing the problem, it’s your server can’t connect to itself to ‘download’ the image.

Can you check with your host if allow_url_fopen is enabled on your site, if not they will need to enable that for the above to work. It is also a dependency of DOMPDF which we use to generate the PDF’s on your site.

Roberto Rubio

January 23, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Tony, I found the allow_urlfopen and I set it On, also below that line is allow_url_include = Off should I set that one On too?

Tony

• Support Staff

January 24, 2018 at 2:17 am

No, you can leave that disabled.

Did the above setting remove the notice?

Roberto Rubio

January 24, 2018 at 10:01 am

I don’t know yet, this issue wasn’t constant, every once in a while the site will show the 500 internal error. But for now it looks pretty good to me, hopefully that was the only cause.

Roberto Rubio

January 24, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Thanks for the help!

Tony

• Support Staff

January 25, 2018 at 4:09 am

You’re most welcome.

Please do let us know if you run into any more problems.

Roberto Rubio

January 26, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Hello Tony, so just today i got this new error in the site that create the 500 Internal Error again – [27-Jan-2018 03:24:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 48234496) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/boletosaqui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eea-multi-event-registration/EED_Multi_Event_Registration.module.php on line 1830
[27-Jan-2018 03:24:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 48234496) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/boletosaqui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eea-multi-event-registration/EED_Multi_Event_Registration.module.php on line 1830

Roberto Rubio

January 26, 2018 at 9:24 pm

This error was generated twice, please help. Is not happening all the time but on the summer time the page gets more events and we need to resolve this issues now the is kind a slow season…

Tony

• Support Staff

January 29, 2018 at 2:39 am

That error means your site is running out of memory at around 48MB.

40MB is the default value for WordPress (your host will usuall give you a little wiggle room) and is rather low for ecommerce sites. I’d recommend upping the amount of memory available to around 96MB, you can do that by adding:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M' );

To your wp-config.php file somewhere above where is has /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */.

For more info see:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

The support post ‘500 Internal Error – About the Logo Size’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso