Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Error when viewing event

404 Error when viewing event

Posted: June 12, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Stacey Lindsay

June 12, 2014 at 11:28 pm

I added 3 new plugins to my site and now I’m getting a 404 Error when I try to view an event in Event Espresso or link to one on a page. I have disabled all the new plug ins and still have the problem. I saw on another post to reset the permalinks to post name, I tried that and still have the problem.

Please help, this is a big deal for us. New plug ins were: All In one SEO, Sign-up Sheets Pro and Visual Form Builder.

Dean

June 13, 2014 at 4:54 am

Hi Stacey,

What version of EE are you using?

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 7:51 am

Version 3.1.36.5

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

June 13, 2014 at 9:47 am

Hi Stacey, that is the current version of Event Espresso 3. Could you confirm that the EE event pages were working before adding those plugins?

Please try this:

Login to your WordPress admin and go to Plugins and deactivate all plugins. Then reactivate Event Espresso.

Are the pages now working for EE?

If not, could you go to the four WordPress pages with the Event Espresso shortcodes and ensure that they are set to published. Click publish/update when viewing them in the WordPress page editor.

Do the pages then start to work?

If so, activate one of the new plugins and check the Event Espresso events page. Then repeat the step above and activate another new plugin and see if the pages are still working without the 404 error.

Lorenzo

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 11:21 am

EE pages were working before the plugins. Deactivating and then activating didn’t work, I’m trying to check the 4 EE pages but want to make sure I get the right ones – what are the? I’m thinking now there is a chance I may have accidentally deleted one when I was cleaning up and reorganizing some of my pages.

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

June 13, 2014 at 11:45 am

Hello again,

These are the defaults:

event-registration
thank-you
registration-cancelled
transactions

You can go to WP-admin –> Event Espresso –> General Settings –> Page Settings. If any are blank, then they may have been deleted. It should look like this:

http://cl.ly/image/33012X2M3x2g

Lorenzo

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 12:03 pm

OK, it looks like the Event Registration page was accidentally deleted. I’ve added it back in with the short code [ESPRESSO_EVENTS] but it still doesn’t seem to be working. Does it matter what the permalink is for the page? Currently it only has “registration-page” in it and not the word event?

All 4 pages are there and are set to publish.

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I just figured it out. Only problem now is that the event listing comes in as a window that you need to scroll down to see view which is not how it was before and makes it hard to see. How do I change that?

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

June 13, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Hello,

Could you share a link to an event so we can take a look at this issue?

If you do not want to share this link here in our support forums then please email the link to the email address below and also include a link to the support post.

support [at] eventespresso.com

Thanks!

Lorenzo

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Sure, here is a link example of the events you have to scroll to see:
http://gbump.com/event-opportunities/?regevent_action=register&event_id=65

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

June 13, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Check to see if the Espresso Events shortcode is wrapped in any html. It shouldn’t have any html tags around it.

Lorenzo

Stacey Lindsay

June 13, 2014 at 1:48 pm

That did it, awesome! Thanks so much!!

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

June 13, 2014 at 2:05 pm

You are welcome! Have a great weekend.

Lorenzo

The support post ‘404 Error when viewing event’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso