Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Error when accessing event from mobile – Urgent help please!

404 Error when accessing event from mobile – Urgent help please!

Posted: April 28, 2015 at 7:54 am

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 7:54 am

Hello,

When users are clicking on the registration link from their mobile phones they are getting a 404 error, this does not seem to occur when accessed from desktop. What can I do to fix this? Please help!

I am running Event Espresso 4.6.23.p Version 4.2.1 and the latest version of WordPress.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 7:56 am

Update – it is indeed also happening from desktop. I can see it when I am logged in as an admin, but it is a 404 error when I am logged off.

Tony

• Support Staff

April 28, 2015 at 8:02 am

Hi Mike,

Can you link us to one of your events please?

Who is your hosting provider?

Do you run any caching plugins? (Or does your host run server side caching?)

Have you tried flushing the permalinks?
(Go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks. Make no changes and just click Save)

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 8:13 am

– yes I’ve tried Permalinks.

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 8:14 am

Here is the link

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 8:20 am

Could part of the problem be that the event says “Inactive” next to Active status? How do I make that appear as “Active”?

Mike

April 28, 2015 at 8:35 am

Got it fixed – for some reason when the event was created, the time published was set to later today. The solution was simply to change it to an earlier time.

Still doesn’t explain why the event is showing as Inactive though?

Tony

• Support Staff

April 28, 2015 at 8:48 am

If the event was ‘Inactive’ then it had likely been saved as a Draft event.

This explains why you can access the event whilst logged in, but not whilst not.

Changing the event date and then publishing the event, fixed this 🙂

I’m glad your event is not up and running, please let us know if you have any further questions.

The support post ‘404 Error when accessing event from mobile – Urgent help please!’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso