Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 error on all pages and re captcha not appearing on front end

404 error on all pages and re captcha not appearing on front end

Posted: November 25, 2013 at 8:00 am

Walter Mogane

November 25, 2013 at 8:00 am

Hi Guys

Please help with the 404 errors. I can’t update anything on espresso WordPress page. For example I’m trying to edit an event (ID 4) to appointments but I keep on getting these errors.

Also when I tested the recaptcha from the front end, it never appeared even though I enabled it in the admin area.

Thanks
Walter

Tony

• Support Staff

November 25, 2013 at 8:27 am

Hi Walter,

reCAPTCHA only appears when you are NOT logged into the site.

Logged in users are considered safe.

Regarding the 404 errors, where is it you are seeing these, on the front-end or admin?

Walter Mogane

November 25, 2013 at 8:32 am

Ok I see. I will test the recaptcha after I log out.

The 404 errors appear in the admin area.

Tony

• Support Staff

November 25, 2013 at 9:07 am

Have you moved the site, change settings or updated anything in which you then noticed this started to happen?

Walter Mogane

November 25, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I just changed a couple of event espresso settings, like duplicate events & modified ticket template settings & changed the payment email wording a bit. I then tried to change the fancy email settings to Yes, but then I couldn’t due to this error

Also I tried to change ‘from email’ from WordPress to my name by installing some wp email plugin. These are most of the things I changed.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

It may help to deactivate any recently installed plugins. As an aside, the Fancy email headers setting automatically changes the from name to what’s entered as the organization name in Event Espresso>General Settings.

Walter Mogane

November 26, 2013 at 4:28 am

I tried to delete the new plugin WP-Mail-SMTP that I installed recently & I still get the 404 error. It looks like anything I do, including updating events, deactivating or deleting plugins gives me the error. What else can I do?

Tony

• Support Staff

November 26, 2013 at 4:35 am

Hi Walter,

This is unlikely due to Event Espresso but if you would like to send us you log-in details we can take a look.

Please use https://eventespresso.com/send-login-details/ to send the details.

Walter Mogane

November 26, 2013 at 4:57 am

Hi Tony

I have sent my log in details.

Thanks

Tony

• Support Staff

November 26, 2013 at 5:33 am

Hi Walter,

I took a look into the site and found the 404 pages are caused by the WordPress Firewall Plugin.

I tested by setting it to re-direct to the homepage rather than 404 and then updating an event, which caused it to redirect to home.

You can either go through the settings to discover which one is causing this or disable the plugin altogether.

Walter Mogane

November 26, 2013 at 6:19 am

Ok thank you, you are quite right! I disabled the firewall plugin altogether, although I run the risk of someone hacking my site. Now the 404 error is gone when I edit an event.

Not sure why this is since I had this plugin for awhile & it didn’t cause any problems. Maybe it’s a conflict with some other similar plugin.

Just one more question: how do I remove the footer from the event espresso events page? It came with my theme.

Tony

• Support Staff

November 26, 2013 at 6:32 am

As much as plugins such as those are useful, I believe they give a false sense of security.

You best defense is just to actually ensure all your plugins (and WordPress) are up to date, install only reputable plugins & use strong passwords. There are plenty of ways to lock down you WP install other than plugins.

Regarding the footer, do you mean this? http://d.pr/i/NGA3

Walter Mogane

November 26, 2013 at 7:23 am

Yes, that’s the footer I’m referring to.

Josh

• Support Staff

November 26, 2013 at 7:59 am

Hi Walter,

My guess would be the footer message is in the theme’s footer.php file. If it’s not there you could check with the theme’s author about how to remove it.

The support post ‘404 error on all pages and re captcha not appearing on front end’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso