Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2,000,060 displays for event price

2,000,060 displays for event price

Posted: April 23, 2013 at 11:48 am

Carina Hume

April 23, 2013 at 11:48 am

We’re seeing an issue when someone adds an event to the cart where the price shows up as being over a million dollars. It has happened on numerous paid events. Any ideas?

Here’s the code we’re using on the page: [ESPRESSO_CART_LINK event_id=”292″ anchor=”Add to Cart” direct_to_cart=1 moving_to_cart=”Redirecting to cart…”]

Screenshot of the issue

EE details

We are using the WordPress 3.5.1

Josh

• Support Staff

April 23, 2013 at 11:55 am

Hi Carina,

Can you a post a link to the page where the shortcode is so we can investigate further?

Carina Hume

April 23, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Most of our events include the code. Below is an example.

https://www.crookedtree.org/event-registration/?ee=292

Josh

• Support Staff

April 23, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Hi Carina,

It’s displaying the correct price when I try it. Do you know what steps need to be taken to make it display the wrong price?

The price ID gets stored in the session variable, and in the case where it’s displaying the wrong price the session data might be getting corrupted somehow. Is there another site running Event Espresso on the same server where someone could add some events to the cart then go to the other site and add events to the cart there?

Carina Hume

April 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm

It has been pretty hit and miss. I have not been able to re-create the error myself but I have had a number of customers call and report the issue.

We only have one installation of E.E. on our server.

Carina Hume

April 23, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Any other ideas as to what might be causing this?

Carina Hume

April 24, 2013 at 9:09 am

Hoping to hear from you on this one. Do you need more info from me?

Josh

• Support Staff

April 24, 2013 at 9:19 am

I’m not able to reproduce this on your site or any of my test sites, so I don’t have any other ideas right now. The next time this gets reported can you ask the person to go to supportdetails.com and ask them to send the details of the browser they are using? This may help narrow down the issue.

Carina Hume

April 24, 2013 at 9:22 am

Most were on a PC. Some were using Firefox and some Internet Explorer. I’ve also had one report of the issue on a Mac using Safari.

I’ll be sure to add any additional details that I can. Thanks for your help.

Sidney Harrell

April 24, 2013 at 10:41 am

Like Josh said, it appears to be a problem with the session data becoming corrupted, so when you are trying to help your customers with it, you can ask them to go to the “registration cancelled” page or the “Thank You” page, which will clear the session data, and then have them start the registration process again.

Carina Hume

April 24, 2013 at 10:46 am

Ok, thanks.

Josh

• Support Staff

May 7, 2013 at 7:41 am

You’re welcome.

The support post ‘2,000,060 displays for event price’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso