Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2 issues since upgrading to new version of event expresso 3

2 issues since upgrading to new version of event expresso 3

Posted: September 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Ted Harty

September 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I just had a student sign up for an event and authorize.net accepted the payment yet event expresso marked the payment as incomplete which means their spot would not have been held if I had not caught this.

#2. I used to get emails from wordpress/eventexpresso when people successfully registered/ or if the payment didn’t go through. Now I no longer get those emails and only get them from authorize.net.

Any suggestions?

Josh

• Support Staff

September 4, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Hi Ted,

Are you using the AIM or SIM version of Authorize.net? If SIM, you’ll need to go to your Authorize.net account and update your relay response URL. You can find relay response URL in Event Espresso > Payment settings.

Ted Harty

September 4, 2015 at 2:55 pm

when the upgrade first happened payments did work. Then I saw that the relay was changed. I have no logged in to authorize.net and updated it authorize.net. Since i’ve down that i’ve had 3 payments go through. authorize.net accept all three. Event expresso accepted to and marked one as rejected, event though authorize.net marked it as paid.

Ted Harty

September 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Clarification.

When the upgrade first happened payments didn’t work.

Then I saw that the relay was changed. I have now logged in to authorize.net and updated it in authorize.net. Since i’ve done that i’ve had 3 payments go through. authorize.net accept all three. Event expresso accepted 2 and marked one as rejected, even though authorize.net marked it as paid.

This is concerning as now every time I get a payment email from authorize.net I would have to go into event expresso to check that is was accepted. Why would this happen and what can I do about it?

Josh

• Support Staff

September 8, 2015 at 10:04 am

Hi Ted,

There are a couple of reasons why this could happen:

1) A slowdown in the network that connects Authorize.net to your site, which results in a timeout. If the customer saw this message:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is a result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

Then that’s what happened. Here’s what Authnet says about this:

There are a number of possible causes for timeouts. If it only happens on rare occasion, but the bulk of the transactions process without problems, then the merchant’s network might have had a temporary lag or connection failure. These sorts of issues would be outside Authorize.Net’s control, but should also be very rare as long as the merchant’s network is generally stable and reliable.

If the Relay Response timeouts occur repeatedly but sporadically, or if the error only occurs in short bursts, then you may want to consult with the Web hosting company or Internet Service Provider (ISP) to find out if there are any issues which might cause Internet connections to drop or time out. Possible causes include occasional Web server load spikes, routing or load balancing issues, and Internet congestion.

2) If it’s not a timeout, then it could be something specific to the transaction where WordPress didn’t allow the transaction to be saved/updated. If we can still log into the WordPress admin on your site and know the transaction ID or registration ID we can investigate further.

The support post ‘2 issues since upgrading to new version of event expresso 3’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso