Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2 category shortcodes on one page issue

2 category shortcodes on one page issue

Posted: February 24, 2016 at 3:54 pm

ty bonlando

February 24, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Hi, i’m trying to include 2 category shortcodes on one page, and each time I do the events shown are duplicated from the first shortcode.

If you notice underneath the Kawa Saturday Jam banner, it shows 2 of the same events (each shortcode has the limit=1 variable) when in fact they should be different events as they are from different categories.

https://www.jazzyyc.com/

If I put the other shortcode above the other one, the events from the first category show up.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Josh

• Support Staff

February 25, 2016 at 11:34 am

Hi Ty,

The first idea to check is if the same thing happens on a regular page (not the home page). It looks like there are several loops running on the home page, and there may be some code in the home page template that’s set up to reset the query there.

ty bonlando

March 1, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Same thing happens on a page too…i’ll look at some of the template files…

Josh

• Support Staff

March 1, 2016 at 6:20 pm

You can also view the page in the Customizer while previewing a different theme. This will help rule out whether it’s something in the theme or not that’s causing this.

The support post ‘2 category shortcodes on one page issue’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso