Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 100% discount still charging tax

100% discount still charging tax

Posted: October 31, 2023 at 8:44 am

edwardkay

October 31, 2023 at 8:44 am

Hi there,

Goal:
Create a promo code that allows invited VIPs to register for a paid event for free.

What I’ve done:

– Created a promotion code and applied it to the event.
– I’ve tried setting both a 100% discount and a “dollar” amount equal to the price of a ticket.
– I’ve tried setting the ‘Promotions Affect Taxes’ setting to both “yes” and “no” values (I think it should be “yes”).

What I’m expecting:

– Event ticket price is £30 + 20% VAT = £36 gross.
– After applying the discount, the total should be £0 and no payment is required.

What’s happening:

– The discount is applied correctly, but the VAT line remains in the summary table on the checkout showing £6.
– The total also shows as £6 (the tax amount) when it should be zero.
– The payment method (Stripe) is still displayed, even though no payment should be due.

How do I set up a discount that sets the full total to 0, and hides the payment option as it’s not needed?

Thanks

Rio

• Support Staff

November 1, 2023 at 8:17 pm

Thank you for reporting this. This is reported to our developer.

the temporary solution i’m thinking is to remove the tax and just add it directly to the price.

But we will resolve this issue in the upcoming update.

thanks

edwardkay

November 2, 2023 at 2:48 am

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

Unfortunately our attendees are business customers, and so having the separate tax line is important for how they process their payments.

We’ll wait until this is resolved. Please can you notify me when the add-on is updated?

Thanks

The support post ‘100% discount still charging tax’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso