Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 100% discount promo codes leave registration status as "awaiting payment"

100% discount promo codes leave registration status as "awaiting payment"

Posted: June 5, 2018 at 12:49 pm

nlctampa

June 5, 2018 at 12:49 pm

We are using the Stripe payment gateway and Pay by check.

Stripe returns an error if a promo code is used that discounts the registration to 100%.

Pay by check allows the registration to continue, but then the registration status is set to “awaiting payment”.

Please let me know what will help troubleshoot this.

To be clear:
When a registration uses a promo code that discounts the price to $0, we would like the registration to continue without payment and the status to be “Registered”.

Josh

• Support Staff

June 5, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Hi NLCTampa,

Normally that should happen where a 100% promo code will result in the payment step completing without any errors or prompts for payments.

You can troubleshoot this by installing the Health Check plugin, then go to WP → Dashboard → Heath Check → Troubleshooting. There you’ll Enable Troubleshooting Mode, then once that’s activated you’ll reactivate Event Espresso core, the Promotions add-on, and Stripe only via the Health Check’s Troubleshooting item in the WP admin bar. At that point, can you check to see if the issue persists?

Here’s a link to a demo event site for comparison purposes, use the promo code RALLYGOOSE at checkout to see the expected results.

nlctampa

June 6, 2018 at 7:44 am

This suddenly appears to be working again… I’m not sure why, as I hadn’t yet followed your advice. I’ll mark this resolved for now and return if the issue returns.

Thanks!

The support post ‘100% discount promo codes leave registration status as "awaiting payment"’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso