Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 100% discount code results in user going to 404 page

100% discount code results in user going to 404 page

Posted: May 23, 2014 at 5:29 am

Matt Cook

May 23, 2014 at 5:29 am

Hi,

We are running an event where we want some users to add a code that gives them the event for free. But when they enter the code and hit register, it takes a while but it then displays a 404 error. The user is registered, but wondering what I can do to prevent the 404 from displaying – as it is causing people to re register.

Thanks
Matt

Tony

• Support Staff

May 23, 2014 at 5:36 am

Hi Matt,

Do you have any security plugins installed?

Could you setup a test event and assign a 100% promo code to that event so that we can run a test registration and see what is happening? Or if you prefer just let us know which event we can run a test registration.

Matt Cook

May 23, 2014 at 5:41 am

Hi,

Yep, try – http://www.kstennis.co.uk/offers/

And register for BLTC Mini Greed Wednesday(2nd one down)

The offer code is SCHOOLOFFERS.

Matt

Tony

• Support Staff

May 23, 2014 at 6:03 am

Hi Matt,

That Promo code does not seem to apply to that event – http://take.ms/uPfeT

Could you recheck that event accepted that Promo code please?

Matt Cook

May 23, 2014 at 7:19 am

Ah – apologies should be –

SCHOOLSOFFER

Matt

Tony

• Support Staff

May 23, 2014 at 10:51 am

Hi Matt,

I can see the issue on your site, but it doesn’t happen on any of my test sites.

Are you running any Security or Redirect plugins?

If you go to Event Espresso -> System Status. Are there any alerts there?

The promo code that is being applied is that a Global Promo code?

Matt Cook

May 30, 2014 at 6:24 am

Hi,

No security or redirect plugins are running. EE System Status has no errors. The promo code is not global..

Matt

Sidney Harrell

May 30, 2014 at 11:04 am

I just ran through a test registration without seeing the problem. Did you change something?

The support post ‘100% discount code results in user going to 404 page’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso