Support

Home Forums Pre-Sales 1 event (ticket), multiple sessions – pre-purchase question

1 event (ticket), multiple sessions – pre-purchase question

Posted: September 12, 2016 at 3:34 pm

sam_lee1985

September 12, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Hi guys,

I’m not sure if this has been solved yet…

Event Details:

– 3 days
– 1 ticket covers the whole event
– 2 venues
– 4 sessions per day in each venue

My client needs attendees to register for the sessions they wish to attend at the same time as purchasing the ticket. Is this possible?

KR
Sam

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

September 12, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Hi Sam,

Is there a limit for the number of attendees that can attend each session?

Lorenzo

sam_lee1985

September 12, 2016 at 5:29 pm

yes

400 in Venue 1
200 in Venue 2

sam_lee1985

September 12, 2016 at 5:43 pm

In addition, I would need to have some method of allocating Free Tickets for Members of staff that signup

Tony

• Support Staff

September 13, 2016 at 4:58 am

Hi Sam,

Event Details:
– 3 days
– 1 ticket covers the whole event
– 2 venues
– 4 sessions per day in each venue
My client needs attendees to register for the sessions they wish to attend at the same time as purchasing the ticket. Is this possible?

It is possible to set this up within EE however it think it would work different than you are expecting.

You can create a single paid ticket that is ‘required’ for all registrations, this would be your ‘admission’ ticket to allow attendees onto the event.

Then you would have a ticket for each ‘session’ within the event, those tickets are ‘free’ (remember you can’t register without the admission ticket which they must pay for). This tickets would need to be a single ticket per session, per venue and per day, so in this case you would end up with 24 additional tickets (4 sessions x 2 venues x 3 days)

You can set limits on each ticket meaning you can set the venue limits for each session.

Each registration would be for a single user, they select the required ticket and then the sessions they wish to attend.

In addition, I would need to have some method of allocating Free Tickets for Members of staff that signup

You can do that with Discount codes for the admission ticket OR use the EE4 User integration add-on and create a ‘staff’ ticket that only logged in users with a certain capability can register onto, would that work?

The support post ‘1 event (ticket), multiple sessions – pre-purchase question’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso