Support

Home Forums Pre-Sales 1 day event with a fixed price and multiple concurrent session selection

1 day event with a fixed price and multiple concurrent session selection

Posted: July 23, 2014 at 11:48 am

Brandi Good

July 23, 2014 at 11:48 am

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if Event Espresso can handle our registration needs:

1. 1-day conference with multiple concurrent sessions – we need people to be able to register and pay one time while also selecting the 4-6 sessions they want to attend during the day

2. events need to be staggered (there will not be set time blocks)

3. there will be an early bird sale price which expires in September, then the regular price kicks in

4. certain individuals are entitled to a bigger discount and we need to be able to have a discount code

Thanks!
Brandi

Jonathan Wilson

July 24, 2014 at 10:11 am

Hi Brandi,

We appreciate your interest in Event Espresso.

With a couple of exceptions, I think that Event Espresso 4 may work for you.

1. 1-day conference with multiple concurrent sessions – we need people to be able to register and pay one time while also selecting the 4-6 sessions they want to attend during the day
With EE4, you can set up a main ticket that is required before purchasing any other tickets/sessions. This is doe by adding a minimum purchase amount to the ticket option. Then you can add the other sessions as individual ticket options.

2. events need to be staggered (there will not be set time blocks)
I’m not sure what you mean by staggered, but events themselves are required to have start and end dates.

3. there will be an early bird sale price which expires in September, then the regular price kicks in
Yes. This is possible by setting up a ticket that goes off sale on a certain date, and another that goes on sale on the same date, or another date.

4. certain individuals are entitled to a bigger discount and we need to be able to have a discount code
EE4 does not have promotion codes at this time. This is something that will be coming in the future.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I’ll be happy to answer them.

Brandi Good

July 24, 2014 at 11:11 am

#2 – What I mean is that sessions will not all be in blocks from 9-10, 10-11, 11-12, etc. Some sessions will be 1 hour, some 2hr, some 3hr, and not all starting/ending at the same time, but many will be overlapping. So some of the sessions they choose will affect what other sessions they can register for, and we don’t want attendees accidentally double-booking themselves. It’s hard to explain without a visual, let me know if I’m making sense!

#4 – do you have a target date for this?

Thanks!

Garth

• Support Staff

July 24, 2014 at 2:33 pm

We do not programmatically control whether people can double book themselves for an event. That would have to be developed custom by a developer, but I’ll add that use case to our feature request backlog.

We can not provide an estimate for promotions at this time.

Brandi Good

July 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm

OK, thanks!

Brandi Good

July 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I’m playing around with the demo and I’m having trouble configuring this:

With EE4, you can set up a main ticket that is required before purchasing any other tickets/sessions. This is doe by adding a minimum purchase amount to the ticket option. Then you can add the other sessions as individual ticket options.

Can someone help me out?

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

July 25, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Hi,

The minimum option can be found by clicking on the advanced option (gear icon) on a ticket in the ticket editor.

You’ll then see that area expand.

The required ticket feature is in an upcoming version of Event Espresso which is currently being tested internally.

Lorenzo

Brandi Good

July 26, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Ok thanks, I see that now.

So I can set it up so that they must by at least 1 of the “main” tickets, however it looks like there is no way to force them to select tickets for the individual session?

For example, if I listed the main ticket, and then 18 other tickets for the individual sessions, there is nothing stopping the person from just selecting the main ticket and registering without selecting individual sessions so we would have to follow up with them individually. And nothing to stop them from double-booking by selecting two sessions at the same time.

The other option I can see is to make each session selection a question group based on time slot (which only works if the sessions are not overlapping times) but at least the person is required to select them. However it looks like we’d then have to manually track which sessions they’re selecting in a spreadsheet because I can’t see any way to export that information?

Josh

• Support Staff

July 29, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Hi Brandi,

Yes, you are correct that the ticket selector does not have a validation feature to force ticket selections. It is a nice idea for a feature, and I’ve registered your suggestion and we will keep it in mind for future features and updates.

You also mentioned there is no way to export the attendee data. This is also a feature that we plan on adding to a future version of Event Espresso.

Josh

• Support Staff

August 18, 2015 at 11:13 am

Hi Brandi,

Update: The Promotions add-on for Event Espresso 4 is now available. This add-on adds the ability to set up discount codes.

The support post ‘1 day event with a fixed price and multiple concurrent session selection’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso