The Event Espresso core and add-on plugins have widgets. Here is a list of them and their settings.
Event Espresso Upcoming Events Widget
This widget enables you to add a list of upcoming events to your sidebar or widgetised area. It displays the title of the event which is also a link to that events registration page.
Requires: Event Espresso core plugin
- Title: The title displayed before the list of events
- Event Category: If there are any event categories, you can specify one here. If one is set it will only show events from that category.
- Limit: The maximum number of events to list.
- Show Expired Events?: Show/hide any events that have closed. Default no.
- Show Waitlist Events?: Show/hide any events that are being used for waitlisting. Default no.
- Show Deleted Events?: Show/hide any events that have been deleted in the admin. Default no.
- Show Recurring Events?: Show/hide any events that are recurring. Default no. Note: if this is set to no, absolutely no recurring events will be listed. If it is set to yes, all recurring events are listed.
Event Espresso Calendar Widget
This widget shows a small scale calendar in your sidebar or widgetised area. It has tooltips for event name only as days with events are marked with a tick icon.
Requires: Events Calendar add-on + Event Espresso core plugin
- Title: The title displayed before the calendar widget.
- Display Expired Events?: Show/hide any events that have closed. Default no. Note: If you have a lot of old events, having this set to no can help with page load time.
- Display Single Category?: Add a category name here to only show events from that category on the calendar widget.
- Calendar Page: Add the location of the calendar (e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/calendar) here. It will enable the calendar to show everywhere but where the main calendar is. If not set, the widget may not show in all sidebars. The widget will never show on the actual calendars page due to conflict issues.
If you are experiencing a duplicate calendar, it is due to the widget being active on the same page as the calendar itself. Enter the calendar pages’ url or page ID number into the Calendar Page field in the widget to resolve the duplication.