Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 4 sets of emails for new users

4 sets of emails for new users

Posted: November 1, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Viewing 5 reply threads

imgolig

November 1, 2017 at 9:44 pm

I didn’t notice this but when someone registers for a event they get a total of 4 emails if they are not registered.

The first email is from my admin email is to welcome them from my admin email. The second email is from a default addy from wordpress@ticketswift.co with a link to set their password.

How can I change the wordpress@ticketswift.co to DontRespond@ticketswift.co ?

The next email was the tickets email and the last was the event information. Is there a way to consolidate these email?

For large volume of emails going out, is their a way to default to a STMP for faster efficiency?

Josh

• Support Staff

November 2, 2017 at 9:27 am

Hi there,

The first two emails are not generated by Event Espresso, those are the default emails that WP sends to new users. There are a number of plugins that let you customize the the From address and even the contents. Some examples include:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/send-from/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-templates/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-email-editor/

The next email was the tickets email and the last was the event information. Is there a way to consolidate these email?

Yes you can consolidate those two emails into one. The recommended approach is you copy the part of the ticket notice email into the event information email, then you can deactivate the Ticket Notice message. You go to Event Espresso > Messages > Default Message Templates to edit the message templates.

For large volume of emails going out, is their a way to default to a STMP for faster efficiency?

There are a number of WP plugins that route the email to SMTP, and an even better approach is use a transactional email service. See also:
https://eventespresso.com/wiki/postmark-app-mandrill-transactional-email-handling-services/

imgolig

November 4, 2017 at 7:50 pm

So I activated email-templates and the postmarkapp plugin, something got messed up because I can’t send out any notifications anymore.

I get these error messages as I tried to see how these changes would look like after activating the plugins:

Message was not executed successfully.
Messenger and Message Type were valid and active, but the messenger send method failed.
The email did not send successfully.
The WordPress wp_mail function is used for sending mails but does not give any useful information when an email fails to send.
It is possible the “to” address (ianmgolightly@gmail.com) or “from” address (ian.golightly@ticketswift.co) is invalid.

I deactivated the plugins and the problem is still persisting, but these 2 emails are valid….. Not sure what else to do. Look like previous registrants had the same issues as well.

Tony

• Support Staff

November 6, 2017 at 4:34 am

EE basically builds out the email content and then passes all of that over to a WP core function called wp_mail().

wp_mail() basically checks that the headers and formatting of the email are correct and then passes it over to your server to do whatever it wants to do to send the email.

The above error means that EE passed over the email to wp_mail() which did its thing and then returned ‘false’, meaning something failed. Unfortunately, wp_mail() doesn’t provide error reporting in most cases, it just returns true or false to show if the process succeeded/failed. So the error message above is a pointer at one of the possible causes but as EE does not know what the problem actually is, it’s the best guess.

SMTP and Transactional email plugins hook into wp_mail() just before it passes the email to the server and sends it whatever way that plugin is setup to do. If those plugins are de-activate then it again goes back through your server.

I’d recommend setting up postmark again, confirm that it is setup correctly and then use a plugin such as Check Email to send a simple text email and confirm that works.

You need to get a reliable mail server working before trying to use EE’s HTML emails.

imgolig

November 6, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Tony I finally got postmark set up properly and everything is working good for the time being. Thank you!

Tony

• Support Staff

November 7, 2017 at 2:54 am

You’re most welcome, I’m glad it’s working for you now.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The support post ‘4 sets of emails for new users’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso