Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 6 week class plus required introductory seminar

6 week class plus required introductory seminar

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Viewing 5 reply threads

echobrin

May 11, 2019 at 8:08 pm

I’m trying to create an event for a training class that meets once a week for 6 weeks plus an introductory seminar. The intro seminar is required and is included in the cost of the class, but they could attend it on one of two possible dates, and I need to know which date they will be attending. I created the 6 weekly classes, assigned the paid ticket to those datetimes and made that ticket required. Then I created two separate free tickets and assigned them to 2 separate datetimes for the intro seminar. However I can’t figure out a way to make one intro seminar ticket required.

Version 4.9.80.p

Tony

• Support Staff

May 13, 2019 at 7:23 am

Hi there,

In short, you can’t create 2 tickets and force the user to select either of those, at least not without some custom development.

What you could do in this case, is create 2 tickets:

Ticket 1 has the 6-week datetimes assigned to it + 1 of the datetimes for the Into.

Ticket 2 has the 6-week datetimes assigned to it + the other datetime for the intro.

Your users have 2 ticket options, both of them sign them up to the 6-week course + the into. You then don’t need any required tickets as your users can’t register without selecting either on of those options anyway.

Will that work for you?

echobrin

May 13, 2019 at 7:35 am

That’s a great idea, thanks! Another option is to have a question on the registration form with a dropdown to select one of the intro seminar dates. I will try both and see which makes the most sense. Thanks for the idea.

Tony

• Support Staff

May 13, 2019 at 7:40 am

Sure, that’s another option 🙂

Just to note that whilst a registration question is a valid option, you can’t set limits on values within the registration questions so you can’t set X number of ‘intro spaces’ like you can with a datetime.

That may not be an issue with your setup above, but just noting before you start trying to use it and then need to set limits on the intros later (although seems unlikely as you’d likely have limits on the 6 week datetimes for this).

echobrin

May 13, 2019 at 7:45 am

That’s a good point. I think with our setup it won’t matter because the intro seminars can hold a lot more people than the actual classes.

Tony

• Support Staff

May 13, 2019 at 7:53 am

Great, then yeah, your good for either option.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions/problems.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The support post ‘6 week class plus required introductory seminar’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso