Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Error Message with People and WP-Users add on

500 Error Message with People and WP-Users add on

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 7:38 am

Viewing 4 reply threads

capacrao

May 2, 2017 at 7:38 am

Activating either the Event Espresso – WP Users and Event Espresso – People Addons causes a 500 error message in the admin side of espresso events (wp-admin/admin.php?page=espresso_events). I am running Event Espresso 4.9.37.p on WordPress version 4.7.4

Tony

• Support Staff

May 2, 2017 at 7:44 am

Hi there,

Error 500 means ‘something’ went wrong, but we need the specific error message to narrow down the cause.

Do you have access to the servers error logs? If so check there to see what the full error is and post it here.

Or if you enable WP_DEBUG on the site and try activating the plugin it should show the error on the page.

At a guess I’d say your site is running out of memory so you’d see something like:

Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size of xxxxxx Bytes Exhausted

capacrao

May 2, 2017 at 8:10 am

Hello Tony. Here’s the error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /home/capacrao/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/freemius/includes/i18n.php on line 130

capacrao

May 2, 2017 at 8:18 am

I have actually just disabled the add-on that was causing Event Espresso to error out and am no longer receiving the error.

Josh

• Support Staff

May 2, 2017 at 8:39 am

Hi there,

The above error was also reported here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-wfreemius-after-upgrading-wp-to-4-7/

You can increase the amount of memory available for WordPress by following this guide:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Viewing 4 reply threads

The support post ‘500 Error Message with People and WP-Users add on’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso