Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 error: logged examples for diagnosis

500 error: logged examples for diagnosis

Posted: October 29, 2019 at 11:34 am

Viewing 16 reply threads

ICLE

October 29, 2019 at 11:34 am

Here are two example error lines from the log when the site 500’d:

[Tue Oct 29 11:27:17.008129 2019] [:error] [pid 189787:tid 140087303845632] [client 69.222.133.123:49700] SoftException in Application.cpp:630: Could not execute script “/home4/iclegaat/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php”, referer: https://iclega-attend.org/registration-checkout/?uts=1572022343

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Tue Oct 29 11:26:53.893090 2019] [:error] [pid 189787:tid 140086640822016] [client 199.72.170.221:0] SoftException in Application.cpp:630: Could not execute script “/home4/iclegaat/public_html/index.php”, referer: https://iclega-attend.org/events/38th-annual-business-law-institute/?token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjFDMkQ5MjkzRDQzOURGRDg4NDZDNDlGQ0REQkIxQTA2NDNDMDE2NEUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJIQzJTazlRNTM5aUViRW44M2JzYUJrUEFGazQifQ.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.b5YLwz5eGf3s0uIjX7Hky2iVN36-HDx1SvJ1jGxzEdJwPRMI0aNgGOyzlJsG5dGyCPaZ8WUkPWqJVhjEIvkbh5480jzs3hO8urm3cF-5rojM2IdypX-laIr4ayj50iMiYuENCzGMSbgdX5_w8P6GdngfCn3ADF__K8FHtk2aEmU7imXHejdvyholWIClPy3pivU3EyPkcCdFrwNEW0qUylgdU7PkmP3SWz3Siltm5tC9F7jE8pmhDHEubirSkRmYwfCZarMbjmIiCRiMfkvEmZ9_XQ8JRXo_whNN70YfNIFbgeXV4h-BIX3VKs4XVPmTqDfuy5LF5gyfFkmTlDnssPjK_28EIpZGKZ91-5f3qXektXobx0FAFnmClDwKmTP49ZFoAKkxRySzehM9fC8AynCCoEeUCcpN0W0KFxq1wk1LO-EOUmOTvysELHBHVlYrisFXRVTTim8CBujE1YlUaHoOZmJyexxGS_TJcRrbZKDmWEo1aR8rLd5rqkXErCQ-uTsO9BlitZl6jpmmk-JKqHJuOg55HBaxCHovu1e4Nq7H933GVp3twCjAbQhxfjf-YFPJMPW8zRpaCK962ABH9WF526Wg-3HGEv87c17Kyd_38vWhkG8zXsOY1-tEUl6qnKJnIpiBbjn5Ai4JlgS-EuWKDRCEmMyKF9Sw6Qsj4hg

It eventually recovers… but I would rather not have the pause in operations. 🙂

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 3:52 am

Hi there,

Those look like Apache error logs, have you checked the PHP error logs for the error being thrown on the request itself?

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 7:10 am

Here is the link to an error_log from the root of the site.

What is the method of installing a PHP error log again?

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 8:03 am

Here are a couple of errors I found in the debug plugin:
TOTAL WARNINGS:
TOTAL NOTICES:
NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/members/admin/class-meta-box-content-permissions.php:131 – Trying to get property of non-object
do_action(‘load-toplevel_page_espresso_events’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, EE_Admin_Page_CPT->load_page_dependencies, EE_Admin_Page_CPT->_load_page_dependencies, do_action(‘load-post.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Members\Admin\Meta_Box_Content_Permissions->load, Members\Admin\Meta_Box_Content_Permissions->maybe_enable
NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/members/admin/class-meta-box-content-permissions.php:133 – Trying to get property of non-object
do_action(‘load-toplevel_page_espresso_events’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, EE_Admin_Page_CPT->load_page_dependencies, EE_Admin_Page_CPT->_load_page_dependencies, do_action(‘load-post.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Members\Admin\Meta_Box_Content_Permissions->load, Members\Admin\Meta_Box_Content_Permissions->maybe_enable

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 8:15 am

What is the method of installing a PHP error log again?

I’m not sure I follow, your host would usually set up PHP error logging on your server.

NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/members/admin/class-meta-box-content-permissions.php:131

That notice isn’t a problem, it’s from the members plugin and not run on the front end.

There’s a database error being thrown in relation to the Price Modifier add-on:

WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query SELECT OPT_DESC FROM esp_question_price_opt WHERE id IN ()

That’s something that will likely need to be fixed in that add-on.

You’re also getting multiple exceptions regarding displaying your tickets, but there’s no details I use to troubleshoot that.

Are you getting reports of the site showing something like error?

Something went wrong and we’re unable to display your ticket. Please contact the event organizer to get your ticket.

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 8:32 am

Yes we are getting calls on tickets that can’t display.
This morning about half of the links immediately go to a server error page.
The site is also crazy slow and check-in isn’t loading on mobile devices.

I am pleading for direct support. I just blew up a seminar this morning and it caused issues with 150 lawyers.

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 8:52 am

Ok, so what has been changed on the site recently? Something must have been changed as the code doesn’t stop running without something changing.

The site is also crazy slow and check-in isn’t loading on mobile devices.

I doubt this is an issue with EE itself but rather server-side.

I am pleading for direct support. I just blew up a seminar this morning and it caused issues with 150 lawyers.

We can help troubleshoot directly but right now we don’t have enough information so you’d likely work through the majority of a support token just looking around to see what is happening.

Have you altered the ticketing add-on? The reason I ask is the line numbers (and error message) don’t match up with the version I have.

I’m assuming the above error was original “The request for the “ee-txn-tickets-url” route has a malformed url.”?

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 8:57 am

How do I tell if we have outgrown the server?

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 9:00 am

You look at how much of the server’s resources are being used, if its something like 80%+ pretty much all the time, it’s likely time to upgrade.

With the exception of speed above, there’s nothing saying you have outgrown the server and the requests don’t show as timing out etc.

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 9:47 am

This reply has been marked as private.

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 10:00 am

I don’t have enough information to start on this, your welcome to submit a support token and I’ll take a look but as mentioned you are best providing details here first, otherwise I’ll be spending more time diagnosing, which eats into your support token (they are valid for 30mins of support time).

That’s why I asked these 2 questions:

Have you altered the ticketing add-on? The reason I ask is the line numbers (and error message) don’t match up with the version I have.

I’m assuming the above error was original “The request for the “ee-txn-tickets-url” route has a malformed url.”?

If you wish to submit your token as is, you can use support[at]eventespresso.com

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 10:23 am

Tony

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 10:34 am

Ok, please submit all of the details requested on this form:

https://eventespresso.com/send-login-details/

As your site is currently throwing error 500, we’ll need FTP access (or some form of file manager through cPanel if preferred) to view the files and troubleshoot. Please don’t submit those here, the form is a secure method of doing so.

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Josh

• Support Staff

October 30, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Hi,

After checking the site, it appears the trouble was some edits were made to the wp-config.php file.

I’ve removed everything that was added after the “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */” note, and fixed the code for defining the ABSPATH constant. That code had been altered and was likely the reason your site went down.

Going forward, if you make any edits to the wp-config.php file, it’s advised to take a backup first. This way if anything goes wrong you can restore to that backup.

ICLE

October 30, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Thanks. We are testing now.

ICLE

October 31, 2019 at 7:39 am

Thanks, seems resolved.

Viewing 16 reply threads

The support post ‘500 error: logged examples for diagnosis’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso