Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 5.08p and App issues

5.08p and App issues

Posted: August 14, 2023 at 11:13 am

Viewing 15 reply threads

gmilne80

August 14, 2023 at 11:13 am

Hi,

Having seen other people with similar issues I followed the advice to download the latest software from my account and upload manually. This got 5.08p working without issue on the site.

However it seems to have removed the “show past date options” from within the event espresso app. We had been using this as a workaround for broken event lists as recommended here https://eventespresso.com/topic/android-app-event-espresso-4/

Now with this change we are again having issues of can’t access a large number of our events in the app. I have again reverted to 5.07 version and the show past date times option is back and working again.

Any chance this can be added back in for 5.08p or a fix for the other issue?

Thanks
Gordon

Tony

• Support Staff

August 24, 2023 at 4:48 pm

Hi Gordon,

Firstly, my apologies for the delayed reply.

I’m a little confused by this one as the app doesn’t enable/disable features within the app as such, the ‘show past date options’ toggle option is displayed when there are past dates to show…

So by the sounds of it, somehow you’re NOT getting previous datetimes when using 5.0.8… however, I can’t reproduce that, all of the events I test with past dates continue to show that option.

When you reverted to 5.0.7 did you have that version still saved or was that a ‘fresh’ copy?

Do you have a staging/dev site we can switch over to using 5.0.8 so I can check this out? I’d like to take a look at the requests sent to/from the app to confirm what is happening there.

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 3:42 am

This reply has been marked as private.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:00 am

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:05 am

Thats totally fine. In the worst case scenario I have created a full backup of the site I can restore to if need be.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:18 am

Thank you.

So the site is currently running version 5.0.9 and I’m still able to see the past date option?

Which device are you using?

Which event are you viewing?

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:24 am

Note, there is one change I’ve made on the site.

The ‘DateOrder’ plugin you currently have with my snippet for ordering the datetimes by DTT_EVT_start => DESC, I added another snippet to that plugin to set the default limit value for the REST API and renamed it to EE REST API Custom Functions.

So it now also has this:

add_filter('FHEE__EED_Core_Rest_Api__get_default_query_limit', 'tw_ee_set_default_query_limit', 20);
function tw_ee_set_default_query_limit() {
    return 260;
}

I remember from a while ago we increased that in the version running on your site (which will have been lost on the 5.0.9 update) so rather than hack up core to do it I used a filter which should mean it applies across all updates.

I haven’t confirmed if that change is what has fixed this (I don’t think it will have) but just noting it here.

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:24 am

I’m using an iphone 14 pro and one of my staff had the same
issue with a google pixel 5.

The event I checked was the 3.30pm underground tour. But having just looked at it now on the version of the site you have it it worked fine.

It must be an issue with my installation of it then.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:26 am

It must be an issue with my installation of it then.

Well, in that case, lets check it was’t the from the limit value so we at least know why 🙂

I’ve commented out the code I added to set the default limit value, please log back out of the app and then back in.

Is the issue back?

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:27 am

Well it all seems to be working fine for now. Am I ok to leave the version you have installed running on the site and just remove the old one?

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:29 am

Still running fine for me now

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:32 am

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:36 am

Thank you very much for your help with this and I am fine with you keeping the login details for any tests you may need. I’ll leave those accounts active for your use.

If you need anything else from my end for the tests just let me know.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:36 am

Well it all seems to be working fine for now. Am I ok to leave the version you have installed running on the site and just remove the old one?

Yes, as long as its working ok for you you can use the current version activated and just delete the other.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 25, 2023 at 8:51 am

gmilne80

August 25, 2023 at 8:59 am

That would be ideal as it would make things much faster for our guides to locate the current days events. Only office staff would ever need access to past dates and they can do that directly via the website if required.

Viewing 15 reply threads

The support post ‘5.08p and App issues’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso