Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 4042 : The VendorTxCode has been used before for another transaction.

4042 : The VendorTxCode has been used before for another transaction.

Posted: February 3, 2022 at 3:49 am

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tudor

February 3, 2022 at 3:49 am

Hi

Our client has been using Event Espresso with SagePay Direct add-on happily for years. However, since 31/01/22 most transactions have failed due to the 4042 error. I looked through previous forums and made sure a valid server IP was listed in SagePay. When talking to SagePay they mentioned that the only reason the TXCodes will be duplicated will be from what the plugin sends. Looking further into this I noticed that 3DS was failing for all transactions and SagePay mentioned that this is using protocol 3.0 where it should be using 4.0.

Could you confirm this addon will be upgraded to protocol 4.0 and when this will happen?

Kind Regards
Nick Wakelin

Tony

• Support Staff

February 8, 2022 at 4:55 am

Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay but I’ve been looking into this.

As you’ve correctly mentioned, currently the direct integration is not compatible with 3DS and to do so would need to be updated to use protocol 4.0 (along with a few other changes).

Right now we don’t have plans on rewriting the direct integration payment method to be compatible and recommend switching over to use the server integration (it is included within the add-on) method which should be.

The server integration has much less strict PCI level requirements and as the checkout is hosted on SagePays server does not rely on updates to the payment method to work with the latest features.

Having said the above I’m not sure if this decision has changed recently and so have requested some feedback from above to confirm, I’ll let you know the response.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The support post ‘4042 : The VendorTxCode has been used before for another transaction.’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso