Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 404 Message

404 Message

Posted: November 11, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Viewing 5 reply threads

ntemple

November 11, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I created a new website and installed EE4. I (think) I set up the pages correctly. I created an event and when I preview it (via the backend) I get a 404 message. Is there any documentation that helps with initial set up and how to get the events to be viewable?

ntemple

November 11, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Also brand new to setting this up so don’t have a lot of knowledge.

Garth

• Support Staff

November 11, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Hi ntemple,

How are you today?

The critical pages should be setup correctly upon activation. However, please double check the pages in Event Espresso > General Settings > Critical Pages.

If those seem to be in order, can you give us a link to your website where we can take another look? OR what other plugins do you have installed so we can see if there are any conflicts?

ntemple

November 11, 2015 at 3:18 pm

I’m good! Better now I think. The theme I chose came with the Events Manager plugin installed already. I deactivated that and now my Event Espresso event shows up. So I think the problem is solved.

Garth

• Support Staff

November 11, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Ah, I see. It’s not a good idea for themes to bundle plugins (in my opinion) because stuff like that happens.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

ntemple

November 11, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I agree. Here I am thinking it is something I’m doing wrong when it was as simple as deactivating. Thank you for your help! If you hadn’t mentioned the other plugins possibly causing issues I never would have thought about it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The support post ‘404 Message’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso