Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 4.9.6 Mobile Issue

4.9.6 Mobile Issue

Posted: August 2, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Viewing 7 reply threads

worldlegacy

August 2, 2016 at 6:44 pm

I just upgraded to 4.9.6. The desktop looks fine, but the mobile looks awful. It cuts off the right side of the site. Looks even worse in landscape. FYI – when I turn off EE4, the mobile looks fine.
http://www.worldlegacy.com

Brett Stallings

August 2, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I am having this exact same issue as well on Statscamp.org also just updated.

Josh

• Support Staff

August 2, 2016 at 8:57 pm

You can remove this CSS from the /core/templates/global_assets/css/espresso_default.css file:

/* Smartphones (portrait and landscape) ----------- */
@media only screen and (min-device-width: 320px) and (max-device-width: 480px) {
	body {
		padding: 0;
		margin: 0;
		width: 320px;
	}
}

/* iPads (portrait and landscape) ----------- */
@media only screen and (min-device-width: 768px) and (max-device-width: 1024px) {
	body {
		width: 495px;
	}
}

Jarred

August 2, 2016 at 10:49 pm

I am having same issue.

Jarred

August 2, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Do we have to move the file like the directions say on that CSS file?

/*******************************************************/
/**** -==ATTENTION==- ****/
/**** MOVE THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING ****/
/**** ****/
/**** Please move this file to: ****/
/**** wp-content/uploads/espresso/templates ****/
/**** directory before editing ****/
/**** ****/

Brett Stallings

August 2, 2016 at 11:14 pm

I edited it right were it was and it fixed the mobile issue.

Jarred

August 2, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Thanks Brett, I had already moved the file like the directions said, and thankfully it worked.

Not sure if this has to do with certain themes, but just in case it helps anyone, we currently use Headway with responsive option turned on. Never had this issue before and we have been using event espresso for nearly 20 months. Needless to say it was very surprising to see an issue.

Thank you Josh for the quick fix.

Tony

• Support Staff

August 3, 2016 at 5:09 am

Hi everyone,

You can leave that file in its current location and remove the code from it there.

Generally we recommend against editing core files within EE, however we will be removing that code in the next update to Event Espresso so in this occasion it does not matter as the same change is applied with the next version.

@Jarred

One problem with moving the file to uploads is you will need to make sure any updates that apply new styles are then ported over into your custom version within uploads. If you are only moving that file for the above fix I’d recommend removing it and editing the core file in this case.

Viewing 7 reply threads

The support post ‘4.9.6 Mobile Issue’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso