Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 2 registrations with same contact – How to change 1?

2 registrations with same contact – How to change 1?

Posted: September 17, 2018 at 9:33 am

Viewing 8 reply threads

WF

September 17, 2018 at 9:33 am

Hi,
A user just bought 4 tickets from my site. Mistakenly, he added the same name and email to 2 of those tickets.

This created 2 registrations for the same event, for the same contact.

Now we need to correct the name of one of those registrations but if I simply edit the contact, it changes the name for both.

So my question is, how can I edit the name of only one of those registrations?

Thanks!

Josh

• Support Staff

September 17, 2018 at 10:17 am

Hi,

You’ll go to the second registration record (in Event Espresso > Registrations), then within the Contact Details box, you’ll click on the Create Contact button. There you’ll update the contact details, then click on Update.

WF

September 17, 2018 at 10:43 am

Hi, I found a similar answer while I was googling for this, but I don’t have a Create Contact button anywhere.

I googled this again just now, and found the screenshot below. But my version has nothing besides the View/Edit Contact button.

http://take.ms/9I8fv

Do you know why is that?

Josh

• Support Staff

September 17, 2018 at 10:52 am

May I ask are you looking at the 1 of 2 registration or are you looking at the 2 of 2 registration for transaction?

WF

September 18, 2018 at 3:33 am

I checked both, no button…

WF

September 18, 2018 at 4:00 am

Apologies, I need to make a correction.
I wasn’t aware of this, but these tickets (all 4) were bought in cash and manually inserted in the back end by a colleague of mine.

Does that make any difference?

Meanwhile I was also able to find a case in the back end where the button to Create Contact is visible. In this case I’m sure the tickets were bought directly from the website.

Tony

• Support Staff

September 18, 2018 at 6:26 am

Ok, so to confirm, 4 tickets were added in a single group and the same details used twice? (2 tickets under 1 name and 2 tickets under another)?

WF

September 18, 2018 at 8:05 am

It was 4 tickets in 1 transaction, but 2 tickets share the same name and email, while the remaining 2 have unique names.

Tony

• Support Staff

September 18, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Hmm, ok.

So the check to show that button is basically (if the current registrant is not the primary registrant of a group) AND (the current attendee linked to the registrant has an ID that matches the primary registrant’s attendee ID).

So with your current setup, you have 2 registrations linked to another contact that is not the primary registrant’s contact, so the button to create a new contact will not show.

I’m going to create a ticket to investigate this a little further, however, currently the quickest fix for you will be to either:

1. Recreate the group of 4 tickets and input all of the correct details for the 4 tickets, then cancel the original group. (You can do this in from within the admin)

2. Cancel the 2 additional ‘incorrect’ registrations and recreate just those 2. (If depends if you want to keep the 4 as a group or not if this is suitable)

Viewing 8 reply threads

The support post ‘2 registrations with same contact – How to change 1?’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso