Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 0.01 rounding issue with a taxable product with a price modifier

0.01 rounding issue with a taxable product with a price modifier

Posted: August 24, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Viewing 5 reply threads

richard sandilands

August 24, 2016 at 7:31 pm

We have a product that is entered as $638.58 and is taxable @ 10% Australian GST and also has a price modifier of 2.5% admin fee.

The end price is displayed at 2 different prices at different points in Event Espresso.

It is displayed correctly as $720.00 in the ticket selector, but as $719.99 after proceeding to checkout at /registration-checkout/#checkout

This then causes a “payment failed” error using our payment gateway.

You can then see this in effect at:

https://bookings.byronclinic.com/events/janina-fisher-brisbane-2017/ and selecting a “Workshop with morning/afternoon teas only” — note the price jumps from 720.00 in the ticket selector to 719.99 at checkout.

I’m guessing two different rounding methods are in use and that the 719.99 is actually the incorrect value.

Josh

• Support Staff

August 25, 2016 at 9:47 am

I think what you’re seeing there with the different amounts is more of an issue with the way the price is displayed in the ticket selector. The payment gateway should be using the 719.99, unless there’s something not right with the ANZ gateway. I can check with a developer about this to confirm. Does the payment go through okay if there’s a ticket where there’s no price discrepancy between the ticket selector price and the total price that’s displayed later?

richard sandilands

August 25, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Yes, we’re selling tickets without issue where the ticket selector and checkout price is the same.

We’ve only had a few failed payments but they were for all the 719.99 ticket so I can’t confirm without doubt that there is a connection there.

Josh

• Support Staff

August 29, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Have you had successful payments for the 719.99 ticket?

richard sandilands

August 29, 2016 at 10:27 pm

No, we haven’t but it’s not a popular ticket: most people choose the cheaper ticket without catering, so it’s hard to be conclusive.

richard sandilands

August 31, 2016 at 10:10 pm

OK, I’ve worked out that the “Payment failed – System Errors” are a seperate issue to the 0.01 rounding issue.

I’ll post a thread about the MIGS system error to a seperate thread.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The support post ‘0.01 rounding issue with a taxable product with a price modifier’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso