Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Internal Server Error EE4.8 – lunarpages host

500 Internal Server Error EE4.8 – lunarpages host

Posted: August 20, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Viewing 2 reply threads

Montana Family Acupuncture

August 20, 2015 at 8:12 pm

With the new update to EE4.8 today, I am now getting a 500 internal server error.
My hosting is with LunarPages and I have opened a support ticket with them as well. My server is not currently running the latest version of PHP 5. If this is the problem can I just re-upload the EE4.7 files to my server, and will the converted database work with the downgraded core?

Please give a process to downgrade back to the functional version, until another resolution can be found.

Dean

August 21, 2015 at 12:39 am

Hi,

Looking at your website, I cannot see any server errors. Perhaps this was just a temporary server blip?

500 server errors are notoriously vague and could be anything – your host may have more info on this.

The PHP version you are running should be sufficient for EE4, as EE4 requires a minimum of PHP 5.3.9 and your version is higher than that.

https://eventespresso.com/requirements/

Regarding downgrading, you can try just reinstalling 4.7, but generally we recommend reverting to the site backup you (hopefully) made before updating EE.

Montana Family Acupuncture

August 21, 2015 at 10:00 am

Thanks,
It seems that lunarpages has a glitch in their PHP Configure script that ended up creating a glitch in my htaccess file as it inserted an incomplete line of code. Once that code line was corrected I was back up and running. Would not have gotten into the mess if EE4 had not “required” PHP 5.4.44.
Glad to know EE4 really only requires PHP 5.3.9 and recommends PHP 5.4.44.
Huge difference in those 2 words and the workload it created for me.

This issue is now resolved. Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads

The support post ‘500 Internal Server Error EE4.8 – lunarpages host’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso