Automatically send out event reminder emails for upcoming events
Has this happened to you before?
You hear about an upcoming event and eagerly register online to confirm your spot. Then you continue with life, and somehow you forget about the event. You’ve now missed an event that you were looking forward to, and it feels like you’ve tossed money away.
I know the feeling because I’ve had the same thing happen to me. It is more common than you think, and it may be happening for attendees that register for your events. Just like you, your attendees are busy, and they may also forget to show up for your next event.
The good news is that you can nudge your attendees by sending event reminder emails.
Manually send out event reminder emails through batch email messages
Here is what the current process looks like:
1) Log into your WordPress dashboard.
2) Filter to attendees for a specific event by going to Event Espresso → Events. Then hover over an event name and click on Registrations.
3) Click on Screen Options in the top right and then set the Registrations field to a higher value like 50. Then click Apply to save changes.
4) Next filter to approved attendees by choosing Approved from the dropdown menu and clicking on Filter.
5) Now bulk select registrations and then scroll down to the end of the page and click on Send Batch Message.
6) Select a template, write a message, and then click Send.
If you have more than 50 attendees for your event, then you’ll browse to the next page and repeat steps 5 and 6 above. Continue this process to get through your list of registrations.
These steps work if you are new to organizing events and have a couple of events. As you become more successful with events, then you’ll start planning more events, and that is where this process falls short.
It becomes a hassle because you have to remember to send the event reminders out, and then you need to run through the steps to send them out to your attendees.
What if you had a system that could handle event reminder tasks for you around the clock for each of your events?
Now available: Automated Upcoming Event Notifications
Think about the time that you already save from using Event Espresso:
✓ Event registrations or ticket sales are open for the period that you choose.
✓ When your event sells out, then contact details from interested attendees are collected through an event waitlist.
✓ Responses to custom registration questions are added to an attendee report that you can access at any time.
✓ Credit card payments with Stripe, PayPal, or another payment service are automatically applied to event registrations.
✓ Attendees receive confirmation emails or tickets with QR codes that can be printed out for easy event check-in with a phone.
There is now another system that you can add to Event Espresso to save even more time.
By using the Automated Upcoming Event Notifications add-on, your attendees, participants, and registrants can receive event reminder emails a day before your event.
The extension introduces two types of event reminders:
– Automated Upcoming Event Notification
– Automated Upcoming Datetime Notification
The event notification triggers once per event, and the datetime notification will trigger once for each datetime on an event.
Here are some examples to help you understand how they can be used:
– You organize classes, workshops, or seminars that have a single date for each event. → Event Notification
– You are planning an upcoming conference, retreat, or festival. → Event Notification
– You are hosting one-off or annual events like a fundraiser or social event. → Event Notification
– You sell various dates for classes or workshops under a single event. → Datetime Notification
– You teach a course which is a series of different dates under a single event. → Datetime Notification
Event reminder emails are versatile and can be customized
Here are examples of how event organizers have described using the new add-on:
– “Automatically email those registered for the course a day before the date of the course.”
– “Send an event reminder to each customer before the upcoming craft event.”
– “Send event reminders 48 hours before an event to remind attendees about their booking.”
– “Send ticket buyers a reminder email the day before an event.”
– “24 hours before the event, send all attendees an event reminder email.”
– “Attendees will get an email reminder a couple of days before the next seminar.”
– “Send event reminder messages 2 days before a professional training event.”
As one of our event organizers shared, think about “the time saving that comes with automations like reminder emails.”
If you have an active Personal or Developer support license, then you can purchase the Automated Upcoming Event Notifications add-on while logged into your account on EventEspresso.com.
Do you have an active Everything support license? Log into your account on EventEspresso.com, and the new extension will automatically be added to your account for free!
And if you are new to Event Espresso, then we recommend the Everything support license, so that you can create a flexible event registration system for your upcoming events. You’ll also receive new add-ons that are released while your support license is active.