In this post, we’ll highlight a few improvements that are now available in Event Espresso. These can help you whether you are organizing in-person events, virtual events, or a mix of both types.
1. Ask attendees to confirm their email address by entering it twice
Have you received an email from a frustrated attendee that registered for an event but didn’t receive their ticket or confirmation email? I imagine you went through steps like this to solve this problem:
– Logged in your WordPress dashboard on your website
– Pulled up the attendee’s registration in Event Espresso
– Spotted a typo on their email address in the Contact Details section
– Updated their email address to fix the typo
– Resent their confirmation email or ticket through the Registration Details area
– Replied to their email
Mistakes happen. I recently booked an appointment online for routine service for my car. While setting up the appointment, I typed my email address wrong — an email address that I’ve had for over ten years! Luckily, I realized what I did and fixed it before sending the appointment request.
What if you could almost eliminate having to fix typos on attendee email addresses?