With the right WordPress theme for your band, you can create professional-looking sites that let you build an online presence, sell music and merch, get the word out about upcoming events, and connect with fans.
However, finding a functional and visually appealing theme can be difficult – especially if this is your first time using WordPress.
In this post, we’ll step through some of the important features you need to look for when choosing a WordPress music theme. We’ll also share some of our picks for the best WordPress themes for bands, musicians, and recording artists in 2019.
Features to Look for in WordPress Theme for Musicians
Although finding the right WordPress theme depends on your specific needs, there are a few common features to be on the lookout for.
Bands, musicians, and recording artists need themes that allow them to sell concert tickets and music albums, share news about upcoming events, and communicate with their fans and sponsors.
Aside from this, here are the four features you should look for in a WordPress theme for bands:
- Responsive design. Responsive design is a must have for your site. It allows your site to perform well across multiple devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- E-commerce support. This is particularly helpful if you sell tickets, music albums or merch online. Make sure the theme you opt for is compatible with an e-commerce plugin like WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
- Customization and flexibility. Does your theme make it easy to change the look and feel of your website? You want maximum control over your theme’s design elements and navigation layout so that you’re able to match it to your brand.
- Events manager. This typically includes features that help you manage events. For instance, creating an events calendar, sharing event news, and accepting online event registrations.
Now that we have a better idea of what makes a good WordPress music theme, let’s go over 11 of the best WordPress themes for bands, musicians, and recording artists in 2019.
Best WordPress Themes for Bands, Musicians, and Recording Artists
Here are some of the best themes for bands, musicians, and recording artists that offer features allowing users to build great looking music sites. And if you organize music events, consider pairing your WordPress theme up with the Event Espresso plugin to accept online registrations and sell tickets.
Event is an easy-to-use WordPress music theme that comes with custom post types and neat features like parallax scrolling. The theme also comes with the Themify Builder that allows users to build all kinds of layouts simply by dragging and dropping modules into place.
- Comes with social sharing icons which help you keep your audience informed about upcoming events.
- Create audio, video and photo galleries and turn special moments into visually-rich memories.
- Responsive and retina-ready out of the box.
- Supports six post types including the slider, discography, galleries, and videos.
- No coding knowledge required; you can easily build and customize your site with the drag and drop builder.
- It’s SEO optimized out of the box.
Eventure is, as the name suggests, an event-focused WordPress theme that features a content-rich layout and attractive design. It’s built specifically to enable bands and musicians to sell more event tickets. Additionally, the theme supports Google Events markup via rich snippets.
- You can customize the theme to match your brand.
- Supports Twitter, Facebook, and email which helps you share event news and updates with prospective attendees.
- Built-in calendar tool gives you complete control of the event dates you’d like to display.
Kentha is designed specifically for singers, solo artists, musicians, and bands. Its polished and attention-grabbing look offers a unique experience to your site’s visitors. Out of the box, Kentha comes with an audio visualizer and non-stop music player that helps keep visitors engaged.
- Lets you customize your event and profile pages.
- Supports WooCommerce and lets you integrate shopping cart buttons into your music playlists and merch store.
- Comes with a customizable drag and drop playlist maker to match with your site’s theme.
QODE’s Bridge offers many powerful music and entertainment-related features. For example, it allows users to communicate with fans and share music and event-related news.
- Offers more than 375 pre-built, customizable demos and comes with icon packs.
- Allows you to priority display latest news and event updates with the Quick Links feature.
- Fully compatible with the WooCommerce plugin.
- Comes with premium plugins including Visual Composer and Timetable plugin.
Vocal is a feature-rich WordPress music theme that’s ideal for night clubs, restaurants, bands, and recording artists. Its visually rich and intuitive layout ensures that you make a good first impression on your site visitors.
- Allows you to post maps and publish ticket pricing plans on event pages.
- It’s WooCommerce ready allowing you to sell tickets, music, and merch directly from your website.
- Comes with photo albums and full screen background sliders to make your content more visually appealing.
- Offers a built-in audio player and supports YouTube and Vimeo which helps you share music videos and vlogs.
SONIK is a flexible and responsive WordPress music theme that comes with features and design tools which give a professional look and feel to any music or band site. The theme comes with 12 custom post types for sharing music albums, events, music charts, show schedules, and more.
- MP3 and radio stream players enable users to share music with fans.
- WooCommerce ready meaning you can easily sell concert tickets, music, and merch through your own website.
- Lets you add a video background to your website.
Mixtape makes it easy for users to showcase their work, connect with visitors, and feature playlists. In addition to this, users are able to share tour dates and event details through event pages.
- Allows you to sell tickets and merchandise by integrating “Add to Cart” buttons on your music site.
- Sliders for images, videos, and animations make your content more engaging.
- Widgets for Instagram and Twitter allow you to share details about your ticket status and upcoming events directly on your website.
FWRD is a powerful, feature-rich WordPress theme for bands, musicians, and recording artists. It comes with several demos out of the box though you can use the Visual Composer plugin to create a custom layout, as well.
- Allows you to customize the colors, fonts, and layout designs however you’d like.
- WooCommerce support allows you to sell your music albums, merch, and tickets.
- Custom widgets make it easy to create and manage music playlists on any page.
- Lets you display upcoming events on an events calendar.
- Comes with a built-in events and gigs manager.
10. Music Club
Music Club will make any music aficionado fall in love with your site. You’re also able to share event details (along with ticket status) to encourage visitors to attend upcoming events.
- WooCommerce compatibility allows you to sell your merch and music directly from your site.
- Comes with a floating music player.
- Lets you showcase music albums using a list style or carousel along with download buttons and Apple/Amazon purchase buttons.
JamSession is a customizable WordPress music theme that comes with a full-screen slider, responsive masonry layout, custom post types, galleries, and much more. The theme also comes with Visual Composer and Slider Revolution out of the box.
- WooCommerce friendly meaning you can set up an online store and sell merch.
- Theme customizer gives you unlimited options to change fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Offers support for SoundCloud, Vimeo, and YouTube.
If you’re serious about promoting your music, connecting with fans, and getting the word out about upcoming events, you’re going to need a powerful, feature-rich WordPress music theme to build a strong online presence.
And, if you host music events and need advanced event management functionality, consider pairing your WordPress theme with the Event Espresso plugin.
What features do you look for when choosing a WordPress music theme? Let us know by commenting below?