We are very excited to announce that the new Event Espresso website will be going live to all users on June 24th. We would like to prepare you for this transition with the following information:
- The website will be down for maintenance
- What’s coming with the new website?
- Your new account on the new website
- Extending support for customers that purchased more than 12 months ago
- Transitioning to the new support forums
- Thank you for your help and patience
We will be working on it while most of you are asleep. The website will be down for maintenance June 23rd from 9PM EDT – June 24th at 8 AM EDT.
Here are just some of the features of the new website:
- New look and design
- Access to one-click updates from your WordPress Plugin dashboard
- Updated website copy to reflect recent plugin development
- A responsive design that is optimized for viewing on mobile devices
- New support forums and support options
- A customer account area where you can view documentation, downloads, support tokens, subscribe to forum threads, private message support staff and other users, manage license keys, edit your forum profile, download receipts (coming soon), and more.
- An improved membership section with new VIP content
- Additional support documentation
- And more!
Our new website makes it easier for you to get the files, documentation and support you need as quickly as possible so you can be more successful.
In order to give everyone access to the appropriate files, documentation and support, we will be creating new accounts for paying customers on the new website. After the website is successfully launched, you will receive an email with login credentials which will get you access to your new account area of the website.
After the new website is launched, if you find problems with your new account, or did not receive a new account email invitation, please contact us.
During this time of transition to the new website, we are providing a grace period of an additional 30 days of service, support, and updates for all of our past customers who purchased more than 12 months ago. This grace period assures that all customers will receive support until August 1, 2012, no matter their original purchase date, and have the opportunity to renew at a discounted rate before that date. Customers who purchased after August 1, 2011 will continue to receive support and upgrades as part of their support license until 12 months from their date of purchase.
We will be decommissioning the old website and forum which will do-away with several things including the need to fill out the Update Request Form to get access to downloads. Our new website’s forums offer better organization and search capabilities. After the new website is live we will close all threads and re-post any unfinished support requests in the new forums to resolve on the new website.
The new support forums will give you the ability to mark your support issues as resolved or not so we can be sure all customers are helped and no one is missed.
Your access to different sections of the support forums will be based on the license and/or addons you purchased. For example, only customers who purchased the Recurring Events Manager will have access to that forum; this logic extends to the other addons also. This will ensure that your question is posted in the appropriate area and not confused with other non-related topics. We only ask that when you create a new topic in the support forum that you please try to post in the product-related forum.
Thank you also to the beta testers and the rest of the Event Espresso team for your hard work to test the new website and update the content to help offer better products and service to our great customers.
This is a big step forward in how Event Espresso will be able to help you be more successful in your events. Feel free to let us know what you’re thinking and tip your hat to everyone who has helped so much along the way.