Posted: February 1, 2015 at 4:12 am
Hi I have a few questions with respect to event espresso:
1. which template systems does it work with? Avada, Enfold, any, your own templates?
An example of what we would like to do is to show a pool, along with the weekly classes available and pricing for different age groups and resident status.
This is all.
Thanks for your interest in Event Espresso.
1) EE will work with any theme coded to WordPress standards. Any theme that messes with the url string (generally your one page themes that load content directly) can cause issues as we use the url string for some event data.
2) In EE4 the venues are a custom post type, so can all be listed under a single archive (by default yoursite.com/venues).
There isn’t currently a way to list events by venue, though you could use a category in the event to achieve this or use a function like this one https://gist.github.com/joshfeck/0622e324fb3729880f67
As venues are custom post types they can indeed be added to the menus.
4) It depends on your definition of recurring events and your set up. For example, if you have one event that runs over 5 weekends then you can (in EE4) create a single event with those datetimes and however many tickets and assign them to the datetimes accordingly.
Perhaps if you could explain your set up a a bit more I can give a more definitive answer.
5) EE4 core plugin (any licence) should do it, but this may change depending on number 4.
6) EE4 can be test driven here: http//demoee.org. It doesn’t have all the plugins as some are still in beta, but it should have all the released addons available to it.
The example that I have of recurring event are swimming classes. Say we have a local pool. At the local pool there are weekly classes on Mondays 5 to 6pm. In this time slot there is a maximum of 10 spots available. You can book a spot at 4 different prices: adult-resident, adult-non-resident, teen-resident, teen-non-resident. So if I am a user, I want to book an adult-resident spot and if I am on the Event View page, I want to choose that spot and book it to reserve it. I hope I explained myself. By the way, I assume this system has a responsive design?
If the tickets are within the event then it is not a problem.
However, if you want the user to be able to book Monday 2nd Feb, 9th Feb and 16th (which are different events) at the same time, it is not currently possible in EE4 (it is something we are planning to add in the future).
The plugin is responsive, so long as the theme is.
The support post ‘Venues, recurring events and ticket sales’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.