Posted: October 9, 2013 at 2:12 pm
(apologies, I’ve been searching / posting a lot of the forum lately, doing a lot of work to upgrade our website currently…)
I understand there is currently no feature to add automatic email reminders (eg. a week before the event, etc), however it is currently in the works and hopefully will be added to a future version, this is great (can’t wait)!
I’ve reviewed previous forum questions on this, and you recommend using the Mail Chimp addon to create the reminders. I’ve installed the addon, and reviewed the documentation, but I’m having trouble figuring out how adding an automatic reminder would work. Do you have a more detailed tutorial that you could link to?
Specifically, here’s what I’m trying to wrap my head around:
1. I can’t get the registrants to show up in my mail chimp list (I’ve installed the addon, made a mailchimp list, added the API key, created a test event with that list, and created a test registration – but, it doesn’t show up in my list!) I also don’t get a mail chimp opt-in email to my test registration email, but if this is required, I can see it not working at all for this purpose…
2. We have SO many events (about 15 categories, and up to 30 events of each category running at any given time) – would we really have to create a new mail chimp list for each individual event? – this would be madness!
3. Then, for each individual event list, we would create an individual campaign, which has a scheduled send date of one week before the event (also madness, too much manual data entry!)
4. I understand mail chimp has a premium “autoresponder” feature – could this be configured to send emails out automatically? (but still, not sure how to get around the 100s of different email lists that would need to be manually created to link with the events…)
At any rate, if you have any advice on how to configure these reminders through mailchimp, that would be greatly appreciated!
Perhaps it will be just as easily for us to manually send a reminder email out to attendees through each individual event in EE…
Looking forward to the release of this function in future versions, it sounds like it would be useful for many people!
Thanks for your help, Linda
1. Can you check the spam folder for the opt-in email? You have to click through that email before the attendee will show up in your list.
Thanks for your response Sidney,
I don’t think the mail chimp addon is going to work for us for sending automatic reminder, we’ll just have to send them out manually until the new auto reminder function comes out – any sense on when that might be? (I see a lot of people have been asking about it in the forum). Thanks again, best wishes! – L
We can’t currently give timescales for projects, but you are right a lot of people have asked for it so it is being looked into.
The support post ‘Using Mail Chimp addon to create automatic email reminders’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.