Posted: November 20, 2014 at 1:30 am
I am looking to do the following features and I’m not sure if EE3 or EE4 will be a better fit as I noticed some features from EE3 are not available in EE4.
1. Robust and easy to use payment mechanism. PayPal will still be preferred mode of payment but there must still be a good user experience for delegates using other modes of payment
Thanks for your interest in Event Espresso.
1) Both have PayPal Standard and Pro gateways. If other gateways are needed please check this page as currently EE4 has fewer gateways available than EE3 – https://eventespresso.com/features/payment-options/
2) Both allow multiple gateways to be active. Currently neither allow a gateway per event, though we are looking to add this to EE4 in the future.
4) Both, though I would say EE4 makes this much easier by default.
5) Both provide email responses. Invoices are provided by download after purchase in EE4.
6) Both can export to CSV (spreadsheet).
7) Neither. EE3 has the ticketing addon that can print tickets in namecard shapes, though these will need to be cut/folded to fit in tags. EE4’s ticketing addon has only just been released and is currently in beta (and requires the latest beta of EE4) and this will allow easy ticket customisation.
8) Registration is always done via your website – perhaps you would like to expand on this so I can clarify it further?
9) See 7, both have ticketing addons.
I hope that helps, but if you have any further questions, please get in touch.
Also, please feel free to test drive EE4 for free over at http://demoee.org
Further to the EE4 ticketing addon, this may be useful https://eventespresso.com/2014/11/18-things-your-boss-expects-you-to-know-about-ee4-ticketing/
The support post ‘Pre-Sales 4’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.