Posted: January 14, 2018 at 7:17 pm
i wonder if you can help me with this error please. i have checked and double checked my api credntials and even removed and recreated everything in Paypal, double checked on the backend of my website settings as well, but still getting this error message, i have also checked your instructions on your site and followed them as well.
any help is appreciated.
Please try deactivating the existing credentials and then creating a new set for your site to use.
Here are the steps on finding those credentials so they can be deactivated and a new set can be created.
1) Login to your PayPal.com account.
2) Look for the person icon in the top left area of your screen and click on it. Then click on Profile and Settings.
3) Look at the left area of the screen under My Profile and click on My selling tools. Then click on the Update link for API Access.
4) Click on option for Classic (NVP/SOAP) which appears near the end of the page. Then click on the Remove button.
5) You can then copy and paste the API username, password, and signature into the payment methods page for Event Smart within your dashboard and then click on the Update Settings button. If you have used PayPal Express for other projects where you are accepting online payments, then be sure to also update your credentials in those services.
From here, you can try a new registration and do let us know if that helps.
Thank you for your reply, I Have tried as you suggested and still receiving the same error. if you have other suggestions would be appreciated.
The error shown happens when either the credentials are incorrect or the payment method is in Debug mode when you are using Live credentials.
If you go to Event Espresso -> Payment methods -> Logs
You’ll see a list of logs created when you try to make a payment, do you see any errors in that section?
Try making a payment using the PayPal Express payment method and check the logs for newly created log entries, then check them all for any errors.
The support post ‘Paypal Error’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.