Posted: July 21, 2016 at 11:32 am
During the event – I want to enable participant to register with the exhibitors by just allowing the exhibitor to scan the barcode on the lanyard, and it will automatically made that participant already connected with the exhibitor. Later on, exhibitor can login back into the wordpress and get the list of the participant who is interested with that company.
Just to confirm I understand your question correctly, will your users be registering onto an EE event to get a ticket for the event?
You then want to use the barcode on said ticket to ‘assign’ that users to the Exhibitor so they can view a list of those later?
If so Event Espresso does not include any functionality that can be used for that so this would require some custom development by a developer. They would need to build out a system that could be used to assign registrations to ‘exhibitors’ based on the barcode and also a section to list out registrations assigned to those exhibitors.
1. Yes – the participant will register for the event through EE.
2. The Exhibitor also will register for the booth as the exhibitor through the EE too. (This can be done by creating another type of user for the same event, right?)
3. You then want to use the barcode on said ticket to ‘assign’ that users to the Exhibitor so they can view a list of those later?
4. If so Event Espresso does not include any functionality that can be used for that so this would require some custom development by a developer. They would need to build out a system that could be used to assign registrations to ‘exhibitors’ based on the barcode and also a section to list out registrations assigned to those exhibitors.
5. How to connect with Malaysia local payment gateway? Do you have any technical requirements from them?
And – please quote me the price yer..?
EE currently supports email messages, it is possible to use EE’s messaging system to send other types of messages to various services however we do not have any other integrations at this time.
What do you mean another type of user? As in another ticket type the exhibitor can register onto for the same event?
You could do that but then exhibitors would be the same as attendees other than the ticket type they used. It depends what you want to do.
Another option is to have exhibitors apply to be exhibitors using a contact form, you can then assign them as ‘People’ on the event using the People Add-on. Again it depends on how you want this set up.
Ok, so there’s no functionality within EE for this, you would need to hire a developer to include that functionality.
This is the same situation as above, there is no functionality built into EE for this, so you will need a developer to create this.
One option is to use Mijireh:
The other option is you can create a custom payment method for your specific provider, we have some documentation on this here:
Our licenses can be found here:
You can either purchase the ‘Everything License’ which includes all add-ons or purchase the ‘Person License’ which includes no add-ons (you can purchase them separately)
As you are using tickets you’ll need at least the EE4 Printable Tickets Add-on
Before purchasing I would recommend contacting a developer to see if they can provide the customizations your are requesting so you know how much it will cost before purchasing.
We have a list of developers familiar with Event Espresso here:
The support post ‘Participant Register with the Exhibitors by scanning the barcode’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.