Posted: September 6, 2021 at 3:16 am
I’ve encountered two German translations not shown in the front end, despite the fact that they exist in event_espresso-de_DE.po: https://www.screencast.com/t/hYOVHBII
Plus: one wrong translation must be amended by you since it’s not in the .po file: ‘zu’ is wrong and should be translated as ‘bis’ (or, even better, replaced by an en-dash) https://www.screencast.com/t/VSVOOBSxV9J2
Looks like we need to update the language repo we use for default translations (loaded by Event Espresso by default when you set a locale). However, as your current version of EE has already download those, even if I update those now they wont update until the next version of EE4 is released.
What I recommend you do is use our translation site here:
That has the latest strings and translations from within the plugin and we have some documentation on using it here:
Export the MO file from the site (bottom of the link above, select Machine Object Message Catalog in the dropdown and click the Export link)
Copy that file to
Make sure the file name is
Your site should then load the latest translations we currently have available. I tested the above file and it translates those strings as expected.
Thank you, I’ve applied that translation here:
If you use the method above and download the PO file, then edit that file with something like POEdit you can alter the translation to something else if preferred.