Posted: April 7, 2020 at 12:37 pm
Hello Support Team,
We have several questions regarding the capabilities of Event Espresso and the features we are able to include in registration. Can you please comment if the below features are available? We currently use Cvent as our registration management system, and are wondering if Event Espresso has similar capabilities.
1. We would like to host 3-10 separate events simultaneously. Can we have custom weblinks for each event, each website branded for the specific client? The clients should not be able to see the other events that are live.
2. We would like to view the registration status for each invited attendee (Registered, Canceled, No response, Visited, Declined).
3. Are we able to pull reports based on question #2 above? (i.e. pull a report of all registered attendees, or attendees who have not responded.) Are we also able to pull reports such as a report of specific registration question details (i.e. a question regarding dietary restrictions or a report of hotel dates requested), email open rates (# of invitation emails opened), etc.
4. Through “Automated Upcoming Event Notification Add-on,” we see auto-email reminders are able to be sent. Does Event Espresso have the capability to send auto-messages for other instances, i.e. if an attendee declines or cancels?
5. Through the “People Admin Add On,” we see that attendees can be organized by “type.” Can we assign specific registration questions or send emails to attendees by their “type”? For example, if we would want to include a registration question only for VIPs, and send an email only to VIPs.
6. Through the “WordPress User Integration Add On”, we are able to create members-only events. Are we able to create invite-only events? Can we create individualized invitation links, or would the “members” need to create accounts to log-in prior to registering?
7. Can you please comment on data security? We have clients who are very particular about sensitive registration data.
8. Does Event Espresso have a “contact book” capability, where we are able to store registrants’ information in the system for multiple events? Are we able to import more than 5 contacts at once through the CSV file upload?
9. Does Event Espresso have rooming capabilities? Specifically, the ability to add hotel information and room block. We would like our attendees to be able to select their hotel dates and room type, and be able to put a cap on rooms based on the room block.
10. Do you offer paid phone or email support so we don’t have to go through the forums?
Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to your responses.
I’ll follow up with each of your questions below:
You could set up a multisite network (also known as WordPress Multisite). If you’re not familiar with Multisite, then that’s something a developer with WordPress experience could help you with. If setting up a network isn’t possible, you could look into getting set up with separate accounts on Eventsmart.com (our hosted service that runs Event Espresso on Multisite)
The statuses that Event Espresso provides are Approved, Not Approved, Pending Payment, Cancelled, Declined. You’ll find more information about each status here:
The CSV reports include the status of the registration, and the answers to the registration form questions. EE does not track whether an invitation email was opened, it doesn’t actually send invitation emails.
No, it does not have this feature.
Not with the People add-on, no. The People add-on was designed to show information on the website about the people involved with an event. For example, volunteers, staff, speakers, and so on.
They could. You could also import a list of users and create WordPress user accounts. Event Espresso doesn’t provide this feature, but there are other plugins available to download from wordpress.org that provide this feature.
Security is actually up to you. This is because Event Espresso does not store or host your data. This is something you could ask your host about, as well as your website administrator. WordPress has a number of security plugins available, as well as best practices to help keep your website secure.
It does have a Contacts feature where if someone has registered for an event before, if the register on the same site again their registrations will be linked to their Contact Record.
Technically no Contacts alone cannot be imported. You can import registrations, which will automatically create a contact that’s linked to the registration. The registration import feature is available with an add-on. You can learn about the add-on here:
Event Espresso does not have rooming capabilities. Any type of hotel dates and room type selection would need to be handled separately using other software or another website.
Email support is also available. We do not offer phone support. The reasons for no support are shared here:
Thank you for your replies. It looks like Event Espresso isn’t going to fit our needs. How do we go about requesting a refund under the “30 day money back guarantee”?
You just provide the requested details here:
A member of a sales team will process your request.