Posted: March 8, 2013 at 9:30 am
We are fed up with our current event registration software (currently a Joomla based system), and are considering other systems. Event Espresso looks promising. I have a few questions, though.
1) We deal with selling class registrations. We require people have the option to buy tests and books along with their class registration. Is this possible with your software?
2) Can we organize events not just into categories, but sub-categories, too?
3) Is there a “find events near your zipcode” search feature?
4) In the future, we’d like to offer online class registration through this product. Do events have to be date specific?
5) Can registration confirmation emails be customized on a per-event basis?
How are you today? I’ll try to answer your questions in order.
1) Kind -of. We have a module that one of our developers did for a client that we haven’t made available to the public yet. It allows you to create a question for an event that then can modify the total price paid for the event. In your case you could ask them if they want to add a text book for the event for $xxx and then during checkout it would let them pay the full amount. That thing isn’t perfect, like it doesn’t give an itemization of the purchase yet but we could let you have it to try if you decided to purchase.
2) We don’t have a hierarchical category system. It’s just one level deep, but you can have as many categories as you would like and then create menus/sub-menus for navigation.
3) Not at this time, we do plan to build this eventually but that is probably more than a year out given our other priorities, unless a customer wanted to sponsor that development to make it a priority.
4) All events need to have a date, at least a start date (in Event Espresso 3.1). That might not be the case in one of our new big version (Event Espresso 3.2) , so I can look into that if you really need me to.
5) Yes. You can customize each email for each event.
Let me know if I can do anything else for you.
I would like to try the module you mention in point #1. Can you email it to me?
I emailed the Price Modifier add-on to you. Please know that it is still in beta. Be sure to back excessively backup your data while using the add-on.
The support post ‘add product to event registration purchase’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.