Posted: May 26, 2015 at 11:53 pm
I have a few more questions about different features I will need. I believe I will be using EE4 but have not purchased yet.
– Is it possible to purchase ‘add-on tickets’ as part of an event? Additional lunch ticket for example. How flexible is this?
– I have a 3 day event. Can I sell a 3 day ticket and single day tickets? Will the system calculate my available seating correctly?
– Are discount codes for EE4 stable in beta yet? How long until these are released?
– Can the discount code in EE4 be configured how many times you are allowed to use it? After certain number of uses it is invalid.
– Multi-currency display doesn’t seem to be possible. Whilst checkout/payment can be in the base currency, it would be good to display a different currency to the customer on the first page. Our event will be translated into 3 languages, each language page should have a different currency displayed.
– Is it possible to modify the group registration later? Add or remove a person?
– How would I handle discounts for children?
– Is it possible to only allow ticket barcode check-in one time over multiple days? We have an add-on lunch event. The ticket is valid for 1 lunch over 3 days. Likewise, can we have other tickets that allow 3 check-ins so the person have lunch all 3 days?
– When checking people in with barcodes, they will be sitting in different zones and each door will be a different zone. How will our staff know if they are entering into the correct zone or not? Can the display show a color on the screen regarding their ticket type?
Thanks and hopefully you have good answers to these questions.
Thanks for your interest in EE.
We have plans for something like this, but it isn’t available yet. Depending on your set up, you would have 2 broad choices: Add the main ticket as required and set the extras as other tickets. This is not great as you would either need to take details of the attendees for the extra tickets or limit the questions to only the primary attendee. The other option would be to set extra tickets, such as Main Ticket, Main Ticket + Lunch, Main Ticket plus whatever, etc, though this could lead to a larger number of tickets.
As mentioned this is something we are hoping to address in the future.
Yes. EE4 uses datetimes, and you can set different tickets to different datetimes. You can limit capacity based on datetime and/or tickets.
It’s sort of stable (thats why it’s Beta). It can be used but it’s probably light of a few features and may have some unforeseen bugs (which will be fixed when found!).
We can’t give a timescale on formal release as it needs to go through beta for a while until we iron out any remaining bugs – beta is useful to us as it allows real world testing.
Please note: Promotions beta currently also requires EE 4.7.0.beta.000 or higher
Yes, you can set it so it expires after number of uses, or even after a certain date.
EE4 doesn’t currently support multiple currencies, though many payment gateways will accept and convert multiple currencies.
You can add/remove attendees manually, though you cannot modify a group booking once registered.
A specific ticket for them would be best.
Yes, the tickets can be set to have X number of uses (scans) via the ”
Not without custom coding. I would suggest having this as part of the ticket name so that the staff can visually confirm it.
I hope those answers help, but if you have any more questions or need clarification please just ask.
Thanks Dean, a few more for you please..
I don’t really understand this, can you expand a bit more please? I understand the 2nd option that you said, but not this first one.
– Discount for group buy in EE4, is it possible?
Hi Rob, currently the quantity of tickets (pricing options) and associated with the number of registrants for an event.
For example, if you selected two tickets, then that would be considered two registrants/attendees.
The following is not currently available in Event Espresso 4 (i.e. discount when a specific option is purchased):
Registrants/attendees cannot currently modify their own ticket options in terms of switching between ticket options. However an event admin could reassign them by canceling an existing registration and adding them to another event.
The support post ‘A few questions 5’ is closed to new replies.
Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.