Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 504 Gateway Timeout when Exporting to CSV

504 Gateway Timeout when Exporting to CSV

Posted: December 1, 2015 at 11:42 am

Burnt Orange Design

December 1, 2015 at 11:42 am

I have 904 registrations that I’m trying to export, but I keep getting a 504 Gateway Timeout error. I’m using EE4 4.8.25 and PHP 5.6. My phprc settings are as follows:

upload_max_filesize = 100M
post_max_size = 105M
max_execution_time = 3600
max_input_time = 3600
memory_limit = 150M
output_buffering = 4096

Thanks!

Lorenzo Orlando Caum

• Support Staff

December 1, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Hi, we have a batched report generation feature that we are testing out that should resolve this issue. Instead of download the records all at once, it splits them into smaller requests behind the scenes and then combines them back into one file.

There is a workaround available that will allow you to retrieve that information via a similar batching process.

Please see this support post for a sample plugin:

https://eventespresso.com/topic/fatal-error-downloading-csv/#post-177090

Then see these instructions on how to use the plugin:

https://eventespresso.com/topic/fatal-error-downloading-csv/#post-177907

Lorenzo

Michael Nelson

• Support Staff

December 1, 2015 at 2:41 pm

hi BOD!
Yeah once you start trying to create a CSV report with that many registrants the server will struggle.
We have a version of Event Espresso that’s currently being tested that might resolve this issue. If you want, you can download it, activate it instead of your current version, and try generating the CSV report again. In this version, we distribute the job of creating the CSV file among multiple HTTP requests, in order to avoid timeouts.
Here is the link to it: https://github.com/eventespresso/event-espresso-core/archive/BUG-8729-batch-processing-csv-files.zip.
Note that because this version is currently under testing it would be preferable to use it on a testing server.
If it works please let us know, so we can get these changes into our main version of Event Espresso ASAP. If it doesn’t work, then a bug report will also help.
Another possible solution to your problem is, of course, you can increase the PHP memory limit or execution time.

Burnt Orange Design

December 3, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Thanks Michael,
If I use the version in the link, will I be able to update when newer versions of the plugin are available, while still keeping the batch capability?

Burnt Orange Design

December 3, 2015 at 2:18 pm

By the way the batch processing works great! Really fast! Thanks again

Burnt Orange Design

December 3, 2015 at 2:39 pm

One more question…sorry. I have User Role Editor with roles defined for certain EE users. How do I make the new batch export available for all users? Which capability needs to be checked or unchecked?

Currently, ever user except fr the Administrator gets the following message when they click the Export All Registrations button…

You do not have access to this route.

Michael Nelson

• Support Staff

December 3, 2015 at 11:00 pm

They should just need the “ee_read_ee” and the “ee_read_registrations” capabilities, which I believe is the same as before

Michael Nelson

• Support Staff

December 3, 2015 at 11:03 pm

oh and regarding

If I use the version in the link, will I be able to update when newer versions of the plugin are available, while still keeping the batch capability?

yes, this batched report generation is going into 4.8.26, which will be the next release of EE4. So you should be fine updating, and the batched report generation will still be there

Burnt Orange Design

December 4, 2015 at 5:20 am

Thanks! You guys are awesome

Michael Nelson

• Support Staff

December 4, 2015 at 10:25 am

cool! Thanks for helping try out the new feature.
Feel free to leave a review at https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-espresso-decaf

The support post ‘504 Gateway Timeout when Exporting to CSV’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso