Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 server error on Payment Settings – only

500 server error on Payment Settings – only

Posted: June 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Adrienne Duncan

June 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Just downloaded the latest version of EE today, for the first time. I’m running WP 3.5.2 on Windows. Very few plugins: per page widgets, contact form 7, full page background pro, WP Touch pro. Events Manager is installed but deactivated (not robust enough for my client.)

Working through the settings, step by step, and get a 500 error when trying to access the Payment Settings tab. Every other tab works in the EE menu and I can add info like creating events and venues but the Payment Settings gets stuck. My PHP memory limit is cranked all the way to 256M so I doubt it’s a memory issue.

Can anyone help?
Thanx from a EE n00b.

Dean

July 1, 2013 at 4:15 am

Hi,

Have you turned on WP Debug at all? http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug.

This may help pinpoint any errors that are occurring.

Adrienne Duncan

July 1, 2013 at 6:37 am

Hi Dean–
I did turn on WP Debug. It turned up nothing specific. Except that it did break the dashboard further so that other tabs displayed 500 errors until I turned it off. πŸ™‚

Dean

July 1, 2013 at 6:50 am

Alright well thanks for the feedback.

Can I clarify:

Are you using a Windows server?
Who is your host?
Is your PHP temp location writable?

Can you install the Requirements plugin from this page and see what comes up – https://eventespresso.com/requirements/

It may well be that you will need to refer to your host on this, as my gut feeling is it is server related.

Adrienne Duncan

July 1, 2013 at 7:32 am

Yes, I’m on Windows.
Host is ViUX.com (Def NOT GoDaddy….)

Ah ha – PHP temp location not writable. Time to make a phone call and see if that solves it.

Dean

July 1, 2013 at 7:33 am

OK,

Let’s see if that resolves it, keep me updated please!

Adrienne Duncan

July 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Holy cow…. got it working!
OK, here’s what happened…

First, I changed my temp file in wp-config.php to something writable.
Then I turned WP-DEBUG back to true and I was able to get to the payment settings!

The error is found directly beneath the iDEAL by Mollie Settings header and is as follows:

<pre class=”brush: sql; gutter: true; first-line: 1; highlight: []; html-script: false”>Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'event_espresso_infusionsoft_payment_settings' not found or invalid function name in C:\inetpub\vhosts\yadda\httpdocs\yadda\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 406

So if DEBUG is turned on, and my temp file is writable, I’m golden! Even on Windows IIS 7.5 πŸ˜€

Adrienne Duncan

July 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm

One more thing – I need this line in the wp-config.php file as well:

<pre class=”brush: php; gutter: true; first-line: 1; highlight: []; html-script: false”>define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

and everything takes when debug is turned on and your tmp file is manually defined

Dean

July 3, 2013 at 3:03 am

Hi Adrienne,

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting your steps!

The support post ‘500 server error on Payment Settings – only’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso