Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Internal Server Error while activating EE

500 Internal Server Error while activating EE

Posted: November 9, 2012 at 1:06 am

Marko Geisler

November 9, 2012 at 1:06 am

Hey there,

last weekend, there was an Internal Server Error on our hole website, which i could solve through deactivating all plugins and then try to activating one after another.

When i try to activate EE, i get the Internal Server Error Message, and EE seems to deactivate itself.

This is what the WP-Memory-Usage Plugin says:

PHP Version : 5.3.8 / 32Bit OS
Memory limit : 104 MByte
Memory usage : 27.71 MByte

So for me, it doesnt seem to be a memory problem.

Then when trying to debug, the debug.log in wp-content doens’t tell me anything about EE :-/

I hope you can help me here, since Nov/Dec were our high-selling ones for tickets πŸ˜‰

Best regards,
Marko

Dean

November 9, 2012 at 4:38 am

Hi Marko,

There is a debug log in the Event Espresso General Settings, but that doesn’t help if you cant turn it on!

Ok, so what happened prior to this issue? Did you update EE or any of the add ons?
Did you update any other plugins or themes prior to the site wide 500 error?
Did EE work at all after the overall 500 error?
What is your overall memory allocation on the server?

Marko Geisler

November 9, 2012 at 5:20 am

Hey Dean,

i think you can throw something on my head ^^

The problem happened because i was using some Template files from the previous version, and this was causing the error 500.

But i cannot reconstruct what exactly in the templates/gateways in the uploads/espresso folder caused the problem.

Btw: I had the full logging activated, the problem was that the logfile ends at 32mb (yes, i activated it a long time ago ^^) and so there were no new entries in there. Maybe that could be a feature-suggestion πŸ˜‰

I wish you a nice day, Dean.

Best regards, Marko

Dean

November 9, 2012 at 5:47 am

Sometimes we just need a fresh set of eyes to help figure things out πŸ™‚

I’ll make a note regarding the log file.

Thanks!

Josh

• Support Staff

November 9, 2012 at 6:21 am

Hi Marko,

We generally recommend turning on the logging only for debugging purposes. So when you’re finished with debugging, it’s best to turn that feature off. What I usually do is delete the log file after I’m finished debugging. If you’d prefer to continue logging everything, what you could do is download a copy of the log file and store it off the server, then start fresh with a clear log file.

The support post ‘500 Internal Server Error while activating EE’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso