Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Errors & Critical Error on WordPress

500 Errors & Critical Error on WordPress

Posted: February 11, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Artsyfartsy

February 11, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Hello

I started having 500 internal server errors last week. My site crashed and got stuck on a restore on Godaddy, so they had to go in and restore. They suggested I delete tables which I don’t know how to do.
I have deactivated all plugins except event espresso and facebook pixel, renamed htaccess file, etc. I am still getting the 500 errors. I tried to permanently delete the trash registrations that have no registration info and it gives me a critical error message. I want to delete event espresso and reinstall, but I am not sure how to do this even after reading the steps. Can you help with a support token. I don’t know what to do, help!

Josh

• Support Staff

February 11, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Hi,

The suggestion to delete tables is a bad idea because that could result in losing your site’s data like pages, posts, settings, events, registrations, and so on.

Generally a 500 internal server error is caused by a server configuration or code that can’t be interpreted by the server.

Has anyone checked the error log for the site? Usually the error log will point to what’s causing the problem and that can lead to finding a solution.

Artsyfartsy

February 11, 2020 at 3:33 pm

I will set the debug to true and see if I can get the 500 error again. Is it ok to post the log results here?

Josh

• Support Staff

February 11, 2020 at 3:44 pm

It’d probably be best to use a private reply and post only what’s needed. In other words we do not need to see the entire log file.

Artsyfartsy

February 11, 2020 at 4:03 pm

This reply has been marked as private.

Artsyfartsy

February 11, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Josh

• Support Staff

February 11, 2020 at 4:36 pm

It seems your site is missing some transactional data related to the trashed registration. Without that data you will not be able to delete that registration.

Artsyfartsy

February 12, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Josh

• Support Staff

February 12, 2020 at 2:31 pm

“MySQL server has gone away” is a server issue that your host should be able to help you with. If not, then it’s probably time to migrate to a recommended host.

Artsyfartsy

February 13, 2020 at 1:11 pm

Josh

• Support Staff

February 13, 2020 at 1:41 pm

That first error is the result of someone trying to download an ical file for an event that doesn’t exist on your site. That could happen if someone clicked a link from an email to download the ical file for the event, but the event has since been deleted. Or someone has an outdated ical URL that was bookmarked, and they’ve later clicked it.

The second one should be OK because the next time the transient cleanup script runs anything that didn’t get cleaned up before will get cleaned up then. Or you could install this plugin and use it to manually delete the expired transients on your site:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/

The support post ‘500 Errors & Critical Error on WordPress’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso