Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 error when EE plugin is activated

500 error when EE plugin is activated

Posted: November 30, 2023 at 4:29 pm

Kerry@novalda.com

November 30, 2023 at 4:29 pm

Hi, our site recently went down and is showing a 500 error. I disabled plugins, then it worked, then I started disabling single plugins, and the site doesn’t work when EE plugin is active. I have downloaded the most recent version of event-espresso-core-reg and replaced the files via ftp. It still gives the error, so I have renamed the EE plugin folder in ftp. The site is up now but we can’t sell anything.

What should I do?

thanks!

onetribe

November 30, 2023 at 4:58 pm

Us too! Our whole site is down with a 500 error. Can someone pls provide detailed instructions on how to recover the website and have the events up and running?

Rio

• Support Staff

November 30, 2023 at 6:15 pm

I did try on my localhost and my test site and everything is fine. Can we get more information, Do you see any error message aside from error 500? Does it only shows up on specific page or all the site is affected? Did you try to enable your log? can you send the error message here?

thanks

onetribe

November 30, 2023 at 6:40 pm

The whole site is down as soon as I updated the Core events plugin manually. I FTP’s into the site and renamed the event-espresso-core-reg folder and the site came back straight away. It would be great to install the previous version before 5.0.12.p ??

If I attempt to Activate the EE Plugin it reverts back to the 500 error. I then rename the folder in FTP and the site works.

onetribe

November 30, 2023 at 6:55 pm

FYI I deactivated all the extra EE add-ons and then Activated the core add-on and it returned to the 500 error – so that didn’t work.

Also more ddetails fro the One Tribve website are

PHP version 7.4.33 (Supports 64bit values)

SQL
Extension mysqli
Server version 5.7.39-42-log
Client version mysqlnd 7.4.33

Rio

• Support Staff

November 30, 2023 at 7:40 pm

Can you fill this form?
https://eventespresso.com/send-login-details/

thanks

onetribe

November 30, 2023 at 8:07 pm

done

onetribe

November 30, 2023 at 8:08 pm

oops I entered the wrong person in the form (Garth)

gailsiegert

December 1, 2023 at 3:03 am

I just updated to 5.0.12p from 5.0.11p and immediately got the Server 500 crash error as well so there is something horrendously wrong with some part of the update. I had to restore everything from a complete backup to get the site back online so there is no way to “pull” the php error log. Not willing to be the guinea pig to try it again. This is a commercial business site.

Tony

• Support Staff

December 1, 2023 at 7:53 am

@kerrynovalda-com

I’ve been investigating this on OneTribe’s site, their issue is regarding adding an index within the database and we are currently investing the cause of that.

I’d like to grab the error log from your site, your host will usually have a section for you to view PHP errors in your control panel. If you can send temp WP-Admin and FTP credentials over I can usually grab them from the site itself.

https://eventespresso.com/send-login-details/

Kerry@novalda.com

December 1, 2023 at 11:23 am

Hi, I’ve filled in the form as well. Thanks for your help.

Tony

• Support Staff

December 4, 2023 at 4:19 am

Hi Kerry,

I have reverted your site back to 5.0.11.p for the time being while we make a change to how the indexes are added to the database as that seems to cause issues on some servers (likely depending on the data within the DB tables adding indexes).

We will push an update out for the that issue ASAP. Normally we remove credentials sent as soon as we are done, however, I’d like to keep hold of these for a little and manually push the update to your site and confirm it works if that’s ok?

I can’t reproduce the error you’re getting so this is the best way to get the update confirmed and pushed.

Kerry@novalda.com

December 15, 2023 at 11:40 am

Hi, I’m wondering if anything has changed with regards to this – will you let us know if the next update is good to go for our site or should we just not update anything?

Also, I was wondering if it’s possible to show more of the Infusionsoft tags selector. I can only see one at a time and it will show in blue as soon as I click on it, but then when I save the page, the tag selector shows blank again and I can’t see the tag we’ve chosen anymore.

And one more question – in the html editing area, all of the text appears as one long line – is there a way to make it wrap so I can find things easier?

Thank you!

The support post ‘500 error when EE plugin is activated’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso