Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 500 Error on /wp-admin/admin.php?page=espresso_payment_settings

500 Error on /wp-admin/admin.php?page=espresso_payment_settings

Posted: September 1, 2017 at 7:44 am

waverlyadmin

September 1, 2017 at 7:44 am

I am a complete newbie. I installed the event espresso plug-in and updated my support key.

Whenever I try to click on the “Settings” link on the Stripe Plug-in (which I have purchased – I purchased the all-features version) I get a 500 error.

mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=espresso_payment_settings

How can I fix this?

Josh

• Support Staff

September 1, 2017 at 8:23 am

Hi there,

A 500 Error usually means a fatal PHP error is being thrown on the request. This may be an indication that your server needs to be upgraded to have a supported version of PHP, but we’ll know for sure if we can find the actual PHP error.

Do you have access to the server’s error logs? (usually an error.log file or similar within the root directory of the site) If so you can take a look within the error logs to see if you can see any errors from Event Espresso.

Another option is to activate WP_DEBUG on the site so that the full error message is displayed rather than just error 500, you can do that by setting define('WP_DEBUG', TRUE); in your wp-config.php file then repeating the above steps.

Or better yet use the example code from here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging

The above tells WordPress to not show the errors, and instead log them within a debug.log file on the server, once we have the error being thrown we can investigate this further.

The support post ‘500 Error on /wp-admin/admin.php?page=espresso_payment_settings’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso