Support

Home Forums Event Espresso Premium 414 Request-URI Too Large PayPal

414 Request-URI Too Large PayPal

Posted: August 7, 2019 at 9:13 am

TLH Senior Center

August 7, 2019 at 9:13 am

We are currently running registration for over 50 classes. A user attempted to register and pay for classes and received a 414 Request-URI Too Large error from PayPal and could not proceed to payment. I will add that the user was attempting to pay for 29 classes (don’t know whether that’s relevant).

Tony

• Support Staff

August 7, 2019 at 9:26 am

Hi there,

Do you know at which specific point they got the above error?

You mentioned it was from PayPal, so did they select PayPal (Express I assume?) and then get the error before being directed to PayPal or was it before then?

Registering for 29 at once is possibly the cause but we’ll need more info to know.

If you go to Event Espresso -> Payment methods -> Logs.

Look for the transaction for this use and then click on the the Log ids on the left (not the transaction ID on the right), can you see the 414 error in those logs?

TLH Senior Center

August 7, 2019 at 1:44 pm

It’s PayPal Standard.
I believe they received the error as they were being directed to PayPal. I have been unable to locate the transaction logo for this use, but I have a screenshot.

TLH Senior Center

August 7, 2019 at 1:44 pm

*transaction log

Josh

• Support Staff

August 7, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Hi,

We’re not actually supporting PayPal Standard gateway anymore, its use should be avoided. I’ll assume you didn’t get the email.

Instead, what we recommend is use either PayPal Express checkout (available in Event Espresso 4 core) or the PayPal Express with smart buttons (available as an add-on that you can download from your account page).

You can use your same PayPal account with either, and switching to either of the newer PayPal payment methods will also likely help avoid any issues with 414 errors.

The support post ‘414 Request-URI Too Large PayPal’ is closed to new replies.

Have a question about this support post? Create a new support post in our support forums and include a link to this existing support post so we can help you.

Event Espresso